5 > Emily

Months have passed and every one of them was the same. Aiden came over twice a week to tell you all about the University he got into.

Two weeks ago Aiden got his own place, right across from his University. It's not big but it's good enough for a school-kid.

Emily has come over at your place daily. She practicaly lives at your place. The only thing that holds her back, is the fact that her parents are rich and she has her own place. It's huge. She asked you to move in with her, but you just couldn't do it. That place was too big it didn't even feel like home. The apartment you're in right now, has been your apartment voor 10 years. It's your home.

In 10 minutes Emily will be at your place. You don't even bother to clean anymore. You may be 30, but your apartment looks like a teenagers room. It's a mess.

*Ding Dong*

You open the door and there she is.

"Heya chickiee, happy birthday to youu, happy birthday to youu, happy birthday dear sugarplum, happy birthday to youu"

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention it's your birthday today.. So you're not 30 anymore, you're 31.

"Thank you very much Em, but as you know. I'm not very keen on birthdays and stuff."

"When did you become this horrible grandma with no fun in her life? Come on Mel, live a little!"

Emily is the one of us who likes to go out, always has a boyfriend and who likes everything when it comes to Christmas, etc.

"Mel, it's been 4 years since you've had a relationship. Why don't you just go find that hot doctor of yours and get married?"

Owen. You told her about Owen a long time ago. You thought about him everyday, you really connected that day. How you wish you ran into him after that day.

"I can see he's still in your head, so why don't we go some place al those doctors of Seattle Grace Mercy West go to? Joe's."

That's kinda true. You've heard of it because Emily's sister is a nurse at the hospital and whenever you see her she tells everything about it. Not just Joe's, but about the hospital too.

"Okay, let's do it. Let's go."

"Wait what? You're serious?" Emily looks you right in the eyes. You never said yes to any of her offers to go somewhere, but you really want to see Owen again. So why don't just give it a shot?

"Yeah, I'm dead serious. Stop looking at my like I'm a freak. Let's get ready and go!"

The next hour you were busy getting ready. Emily helped you with your make-up, hair and dress and you helped her.

Right now it's 11:25 pm. You got a new car a couple of months ago. Emily bought you one. She was worried about you when she heard about the accident and wanted to give you something to apologize for not answering her phone that day.

You and Em drive to Joe's. When you get there, there aren't many people. You scan the whole bar. No Owen. You're kinda sad he isn't there.

You and Em get a table somewhere in the middle. Emily ordered some drinks. An hour passed and people came in and got out. But still no Owen.

Emily already found someone. A nurse or something. She seriously left you alone at that table.

Another hour passed and you got tired. Emily was still with that nurse and you just sat there, with your drink, all alone. You stood up and walked over to Emily.

"Hey chickie, I'm heading home. You'll be fine right?"

"Yeah I'll be fine. I'm sorry your prince didn't show up Mel. Just be careful."

"You too Em. Love you."

"Love you too."

You went to the door and got out. Emily stayed, she always finds a way to get home somehow.

You open the door to get out of Joe's, you stand there. Alone, your back facing the door of Joe's. It's raining. Great. Now you only need to find your car. But where did you park it?

--

Written: July 5th, 2017