4 > Seattle Grace High

You expected the drive to be kind of awkward, but it wasn't at all. You and Owen just talked about life and music and it felt so right.

After 20 minutes you got to SHS (Seattle High School).

"We've arrived milady." Owen says with a very Brittish accent. You laugh. Owen gets out of the car and walks over to your side. Before you knew it he was at your side of the car and opened the door. Such a gentleman.

"Thank you sir, that's very noble of you." The two of you start laughing. He really makes you feel comfortable.

"You'll be OK, right? I mean. I just want to make sure you'll be alright.." Owen says.

"Yeah Owen, I'll be alright, thanks to you." You smile at eachother. There is definitely a connection between you.

"I hate to say it but I really gotta go. The ceremony-thing will be in 7 minutes."

"Ofcourse, go! You've been waiting for it all day. Have fun and go celebrate Aiden's graduation!"

He remembered Aiden's name. He is just amazing.

"His name is Aiden, right?" Owen asks, probably because you're just staring at him saying nothing.

"Yes! Yeah sorry. His name is Aiden yeah, or potato. Long story. I'll tell you some other time."

"So you want to see me again?" Owen asks with a grin.

Yes you do. But it's kind of inappropriate to say that, right?

"You know what? We shouldn't make that official. Maybe someday we'll just run into eachother again. Then I'll tell you the story." You say smiling at him.

"I'm gonna hear that story. I can feel it." He says with a big smile.

The two of you look eachother in the eyes. He breaks the moment bye stepping back and getting in his car, due to the fact that you were standing in front of it by now.

"Bye Owen."

"Bye Melissa, I'll see you around." he says and winks at you.

The butterflies can't hold it any longer. This man. Damn.

You turn around and make your way to the ceremony. You see your parents and a seat next to them is free. You walk to it and take the seat.

"Mom. Dad. I'm really sorry I'm late. Something happened and then the bus didn't show up. I'm sorry."

"Melissa calm down, it hasn't started yet." Your dad says, not even looking at you. Neither does your mom. They answer you, but they pretend like you're not even there.

~~~Time Skip~~~

The ceremony was really nice, but it was so so so long. You're finally able to talk to Aiden in a less crowded place, because your head hurts pretty much right now.

"Hey you little potato, I guess you're not that little anymore, are you?" You say while walking to Aiden.

"No Mel, I've been saying that for the past years. I'm glad you made it, mom and dad didn't show much love." He said while rolling his eyes.

"That's them. Let them be. We've got eachother."

Your parents walk into your direction.

"Congratulations son, we're proud of you." Your dad says. Your mom doesn't say that much.

Your dad shakes Aiden's hand and your parents leave. Just like that. Lovely parents.

"I'm really happy you're here Mel. But tell me, what's the reason you had to take the bus? I checked your car last week. It didn't need new parts"

Busted. You totally forgot that Aiden works as a mechanic and he checks your car every now and then.

"I didn't wanna tell you because today is about you. But I was in an accident. Nothing bad. My arm is al stitched up and I've got a concussion, that's it. I don't want you to worry about it because today is about you."

You decided to tell him anyways, because you can't lie to Aiden. You've tried before, but it doesn't feel right and Aiden is just too smart.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?! You're hurt-"

"Aiden, potato, I told you, I'm fine. Don't worry. Let's celebrate."

"Alright. Let's do that." The two of you start laughing and walk away.

--

Written: July 4th, 2017