Chapter 19: ROGUE ATTACK

As if sensing our presence Tristan puts his paper down and removed his earphones releasing an annoyed huff and gave us scathing looks that seemed ready to kill.

"Seriously you two? Was what you did during the day not enough that you had to continue in the evening too! I cannot believe it..." he grits out exasperated and pulls his hair in frustration. Now, that is new. Then I realized that I and Knox were loud.

I am so screwed.

I look at Knox who is giving me a knowing look and a not-so-guilty-oh-so-smug-smile. I look back and forth between Knox and my brother who seem to have a mental conversation. I raise my eyebrow at Knox and he answers by kissing my cheek

"AAH, NOT AGAIN...NOT IN MY HOUSE AT LEAST...NOT IN FRONT OF ME!" My brother shouts at the top of his lungs. I shake my head while Knox gives him a pointed look

"As if you'd be all holy and saint type with your mate," Knox said in an accusing tone while rubbing small circles on the side of my waist where his hand was draped.

"Wait you already have a mate?" I ask my brother.

"Well about her yeah....she is coming in some tim-"

"Tristan I am here...where are you?" a familiar voice comes from the living room.

Kaboom!

Entering the kitchen the shock on Chriz' face matches mine. Then happiness takes place. She walks over to me with open arms and then-

Smack!

The sound of a loud slap resonates throughout the room which seems to have landed on my cheeks and it hurts as bitch. This act was followed by two growls.
One is ANGRY which belongs to my ALPHA and the other is PROTECTIVE belonging to my brother – Tristan.

I am pulled into a hug by a sobbing Chriz who seems to have a water flow competition with the Nigeria Falls at the moment. God I am so insensitive!

Sue me and my cheek.

"WHERE THE FuCK WHERE YOU...YOU BITCH," she shouts at the top of her lungs. She cussed which meant that she is Angry.

What is with me and all ANGRY PEOPLE in my LIFE?

She seems to have regained her control but stills holds onto me as if afraid of me disappearing again. I pat her head slowly.

"Guys we NEED TO TALK ASAP."

They all nod their head in unison and then we make our way towards the living room.

"So," I began looking at them, "tell me what all I am missing from the beginning."

We were all sitting in the living room with me and Chriz on one sofa and Knox and Tristan on the other. Much to our excitement and their disappointment.

"What happened after I left?" I asked tentatively not looking at Knox or Chriz but at Tristan.

"Well dear Anouk, this Alpha Mate of yours went downright werewolf crazy," Tristan said with a smirk which made me gulp and avoid Knox' gaze.

Knox has his hand balled in a fist his knuckles turning white due to the pressure applied as if trying to erase that memory. I realize that ignoring him at the moment might not be the best option.

I get up from the sofa and walk over to Knox calmly sitting on his lap as if I own it; which I do of course because of which he seems calmed down a bit as he wraps his hands around me and places his face in the crook of my neck. So typical.

Tristan takes this as his cue to walk over to Chriz and wrap his hands around her.

Men!

"He almost had started a search party," Chriz chirps in.

I shift uncomfortably in Knox' lap which makes him tighten his grip on my waist.

"We'd need a quickie if you keep moving like this," he says in a low voice in my ears making me go still.

"What do you mean by almost?" I ask changing the topic.

"We had a rogue attack," Knox adds.

I am stumped.

"WHAT?!"

"And so nobody was sent to find you as Knox thought that you were safe far away from the pack wherever you were," Chriz says in a guilty tone which makes me feel sad about my rash decision.

"I thought attacks by rogues were a myth," I say in a whisper.

"And we are still searching about it, how that happened," Tristan adds.

"How did you come in the picture Tristan?" I ask him accusingly.

He raises his hand in defeat.

"Dear little sister you had no idea about my existence but my case was not the same. I knew about you and also kept tabs about your well-being." I raise my eyebrow to which he replies by a defeated sigh.

"Please continue."

"I was away with some pack work and so I had no idea about Knox taking place as the new Alpha of Eugene pack." He says in a gruff voice, "And also I have no idea about how he made you realize that you two were mates, before the right time," he adds as he narrows his eyes at Knox.

Something clicks.

"It was you in the office that day, wasn't it?"

"I had to look after my baby sister after all."

My gaze shifts towards Knox who seemed to be silent and in deep thought.

"Then why did you say that you weren't sure about being my mate?" I ask Knox.

"That night... I felt sparks Anouk, the real sparks which happens only with your mate at the proper age which confirmed it that you are my mate but this idiot of a brother decided the very next morning after I claimed you that it would be nice cross-questioning me about the legibility of our bond by twisting the question again and again which made me snap and then rest is history. Also, I wasn't sure whether you felt anything like that which became my Achilles heel when he was questioning me," he said in an aggravated tone.

"I did," I confess.

His eyes meet mine and then something happens.

"Then why did you leave me Anouk?" he says while growling at me.

^^^^^             ^^^^^^         ^^^^^        ^^^^^^      ^^^^^^

Looks like Anouk is in some trouble!

what next?

Some chapters might be private.

yOu mUsT bE a FoLlOwEr tO rEaD!