Chapter 6: ROMANCING AN ALPHA

I was still in a daze by the intensity of the kiss we shared. Yes, just a kiss. One single kiss was enough to make my adrenalin levels go absolutely higher because after that kiss came the thrill of anticipation. When! Where? How? Will our next kiss be! This is what is called the romance of waiting and anticipating. It makes you go all fuzzy in the head and you are unable to comprehend was just happened and what is about to happen.

"If you seriously are going to give me this look after every kiss we share; I am having second thoughts about chaining you to my bed and having my wicked ways with you," Knox mused as he brought me closer, for a hug.

His embrace was warm and heart-warming, something that I have never felt with anyone before. When we hug someone we actually let them become close to us in both physical and mental ways which are quite important for a relationship.

I always wanted a mate like every other werewolf but I believe that we should bond first before going by the natural instincts of the mate bond. I have seen many mates who are contended by the mate bond but unfortunately, I cannot say that they are necessarily happy about it.

I mean, it is cool to think that someone is specifically made for you - and you find all of those physical and social attributes about them amusing and alluring. But what if Knox and I weren't mates? We surely wouldn't have had any chance – at all. This is what it depresses me.

Nature gives us a mate and then we have the choice of whether being happy with them or not rather than choosing someone who can make us happy.

"What exactly is consuming your thoughts?" Knox pried looking at me straight in my eyes.

"You," I blurted out and then my eyes widened when I realized what I just said.

"So amusing that I have already found myself a place in your daydreams and thoughts!" he teased.

I smiled at him. "About us," I added, "I was thinking about us, where we are going with this."

"What do you mean by - this?" he inquired.

"Our relationship Knox. I just don't want to jump into things, neither do I expect it from you. I mean, your whole life until now you have lived according to your rules being the person you are, taking no shit from anyone and then bam, I come into your life and you go all soft for me. I ...I just d-don't want you to change, for me. I want us to gradually develop into something that shines above the mate bond."

"You, Anouk Clarke are mine as I am yours – totally. Even I believe in having relationships that are something above this mate bond. Something that is based on belief, respect and love. And all I respect your decision of taking things slow even though I cannot help it because as I teenager I always fantasized certain things when it came to my mate and me – which my wolf agrees with and so, let's see how far I can keep myself in check," he said while throwing back his head and laughing with me following him.

"Now, as you have already made it clear - that we do have to attend school. let us move, yeah?"

I nodded my head in affirmation.

Again I was nodding my head in affirmation to something that Knox was talking about; totally oblivious about what he was speaking and that was when he pulled his car on the side of the road making me wonder what happened.

"Why did we stop?" I asked looking at a smirking Knox.

"For having sex," he said casually as he leaned over to remove my seat belt.