Chapter 7: LUNCH WITH AN ALPHA

There are certain moments in your life when you feel like you would like to be anywhere but here!

Some voices calm you, some soothe you whilst some seriously shake you to the core and right now Knox was having a certain effect on me which I couldn't place in any of the aforementioned categories.

He came and stood beside me with a possessive hand around my waist and placed a kiss on the top of my head much to everyone's shock and amusement. And who did not get the message earlier surely understood the reason now? Only if a certain person ogling at our Alpha did.

That's it, dear ground rip open and swallow me, please.

"You were saying something?" Knox asked a terrified Caroline in a deadly yet smug tone which meant that one wrong word and she would be dead-dead.

"I...I n-no Kno- A-Alpha, I mean. Yes, t-this girl over there claims to be with you," she said while snorting at the last part and throwing me a visibly nasty look.

I literally rolled my eyes. Is she dumb, blind or has a death wish?

Knox looked at her then at me that was when his gaze went to the bump on my head and believe me I paled at the murderous look on his face and mentally did a happy dance knowing that it wasn't directed at me!

Well, sweetheart that's exactly when all hell went loose! It happened so fast; even for my werewolf vision and perception it was...imperceptible.

There lay Caroline on the ground in a fetal position and blood oozed through the sides of her head. This was deep shit. And yes, I was angry.
How could he hit a girl for God's sake!

But when I looked in his eyes as he turned around to look at me I realized that something even worse than this could happen. His eyes explained it all. They were pitch black. Meaning, his wolf had taken over and right now I was happy that dear Caroline was alive.

But he still looked unsatisfied by the harm he had inflicted on her and I knew that - I had to do something, fast.

Placing a hand on his arm I whispered in his ears, "Let us go somewhere. Shall we?"

One thing is for sure. I know better than defying an Angry Alpha, so when he actually pulled the car outside his house, I silently went inside following him when he silently changed his path and I realized that he needed some time alone. I went inside the house and kept the door open, hoping that he might follow.

He, however, did not follow. Must have gone for a run.

Now, now - what am I supposed to do?

I decided to make us some lunch which seemed like a reasonably good idea in order to do something worthy and also it will help me keep myself in check and think about what Knox did back at school. But after entering the kitchen I realized that I had seriously no idea about what Knox liked. Though in the morning after breakfast he complimented my food, but I still had no idea regarding what he like in particular.

Gonna be a long day ahead.

After finishing the kitchen work I went in our room for a bath. I have so simply accepted everything. The bond, my mate, the new lifestyle and also Knox' mood swings which were totally based on external factors. I was happy that he wasn't some sadistic psycho thing who enjoyed inflicting harm on others because when he punished Caroline for her reckless behaviour I could see the turmoil in his eyes.

He had to choose between a pack member and his mate. Both happened to be his face. I was in a close-knit one while she was in an extended one. What helped him punish her was the fact that I had done nothing wrong albeit I had also acted responsibly by playing it cool and yet she could not understand this.

I really hate missing school but today I seriously had to. What was I supposed to do?

I did my shower work and came out. I was making the bed during broad daylight for my lazy ass when the familiar scent enchanted my senses. Yummy Alpha!

Knox came from behind and spun me around. Taking my hand in his he started dancing. Rolling, leading, controlling. He finished our musicless yet rhythmic dance with a perfect dip.

I was amused by his behaviour and then suddenly it flashed in my mind about how he had fantasized certain things with his mate and I suppose this was one of the many things.

Our laughter filled the entire room and then I remembered what mother had said once.

'Those who don't laugh much, sure do have a melodious laughter.'

Whoa! Mommy knows the best.

"Come on Alpha, we'll eat lunch," I said giving him my best smile which he reciprocated and we left towards the kitchen hand in hand.

I had prepared - spaghetti with mushroom soup and a salad. Hey, what is a girl supposed to do?

I placed the plates on the dining table and turned around to bring the food.

When I came back, Knox had a smug smile on his handsome face.

I took a deep breath to control my sudden urges to jump him and seriously have my wicked ways with him. Sounds familiar? In just one day he is turning me from a monk to a nymph! Things he does to me.

That was when I realized the reason for that naughty boyish grin on his face. Awww!
There was a single chair present and above all Knox was sitting on it. Also, one the plates that I had placed on the dining table seemed to be was missing.

I raised my eyebrow at him to which he gave me a smug look.

Holy mother of Jesus. Help me!

As I served him the food and turned around to bring myself another plate absolutely unsure about his intentions; he tugged my hand that was placing the soup bowl on the table and bam, I was on his lap!

Cheesy!

I am on his lap. Now, this was oh so romantic that I could not help but actually kiss his cheek which made him laugh. Lifting the fork placed on the placed he placed it before me to take a bite to which my inner romantic suddenly woke up and taking some spaghetti in my mouth I lean forward which actually surprised him and then you-know-what!

Romance meets a new definition and a new level is set. And sweetheart that is how you have a lunch with an Alpha

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

With Knox and Anouk, romance reaches a new level.

Vote, comment and follow.

love you guys because your support in the form of votes and comments and personal feedback drives me insane.

I surely appreciate that you gave my book a chance.