Chapter 12: BETRAYED BY AN ALPHA

As I was driving the car away from my homeland, my very own pack. Away from my friends oops friend and a non-existent family I realized something about betrayal.

Betrayal - it comes in many forms and sizes. Also, it comes in different sorts of packagings. But no matter how it is presented, at the end of the day, it is betrayal.
And it hurts!

No matter how strong you are. No matter what you are. And it even doesn't matter if you have someone on your side or not. Cause..... It is betrayal baby and it bites you hard, in your ass.

Mine came in the form of Alpha Knox Mercado.

Beautifully wrapped and presented.
It hurt me so bad that I couldn't even comprehend what was happening.

'Thank you, Knox Mercado. You, of all people, betrayed me well!'

-Anouk

That was what my note said which was probably waiting on the stand beside the bed where we became one last night only to be ripped apart, forever.

++

I had woken up with a jerk. I guess I overslept. Then, as I moved I realized that I was naked beneath the sheets. God!

Memories came in my mind. All full of Knox and me. Us, between the sheets, exploring and imploring things that are not meant for young kids to know and shy people to discuss about. It was all about desires and needs and giving-taking whatever was available, whatever was provided. He really knows what he wants - especially in the bed.

I wanted to jump up and down. It felt so good to be in his arms. His arms! I need to talk about it to Knox.

I have not shifted yet and so I do not feel the pull of the mate bond in any form.
I am almost seventeen and there is almost more than one full year for me to turn eighteen.

Yeah, yeah. I am in grade 12 so what? I mean some people do attend early classes, right?

And you called that Caroline bitch.....genius. Talk about ultimate hypocrisy!

Also, I need to talk to him about this silly voice in my head.
It's goddamn annoying and I swear no one's conscience can be this VOCAL.

Those sparks!

I don't know if he felt something or not because I haven't really met a pair like ours.
Usually, they say that you feel certain sparks with each other. And I swear to the moon goddess that I never felt any sparks.

But last night..... I did - feel something. Flesh on flesh and lips on lips. There was this feeling of being electrocuted by a single touch.

It felt good. I felt as if I was burning and those sparks were not helping my case.

Phew! It is good to see that I bear no burn marks but the same can not be said about the different type of marks that my body adorns which I won't be talking publically about.

Knox! He will be the death of me someday.

Gotta talk to him right away.

I took a quick shower and changed into a jeans and t-shirt and hopped on my way to Knox' office. He was inside and with someone I guess. Hope I ain't disturbing.

"-wrong. This is wrong Knox. And you of all people should know that," a voice yelled at Knox.

Silence.

God, did Knox - kill him?

"I don't have to give you an explanation of all people," Knox said in an irritated tone.

He is angry. This won't end well.

"Yeah. Yeah. I don't deserve your answers but I am sure that the girl in your bed surely does."

"It is none of your concern what happens between the two of us," Knox said in a calm tone which meant more trouble.

"Wow.....just wow.... Wait lemme give you a situation - what will happen when someday you meet your real mate huh?"

What are they talking about?

"I mean will you continue your life with her or go and claim your mate....or yet if she met her mate before you. Then tell me, my friend, how will you explain her why you two were screwing each other?"

"Language," Knox growled.

"And just by the looks of that girl, I can say that she is good as in good, good. How did you manage to have her in your bed if I may ask?"

"I told her that she is.....was my mate and I firmly beli-", Knox said in a low tone which I was unable to hear because right now all my feelings and emotions had gone haywire numbing all my capacity for comprehending words and actions and contemplating the options.

My world came tumbling down. From high to low, from good to bad, from happy to sad. He did not feel anything last night. Heck, he even realized that after we mated. As in he marked me and I did the same to him. Now, he was convincing himself that what we did was wrong – a mistake?

He betrayed me, lied to me.....Cheated me.

That's it, I am done here for good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WTF HAPPENED?

DO YOU THINK ANOUK OVER-REACTED?

IS EAVESDROPPING GOOD?

HAVE YOU EVER FACED SUCH MISUNDERSTANDINGS?

LET ME KNOW........

Guys, I am working on my other werewolf book 'mate of the moon goddess' so please have some patience.