Chapter Two

-- Amethyst's P.O.V. --

I stared at my drawing, I knew what it meant. I felt a tear go down my face.

"All the girls age ten to sixteen get ready, there is a couple who are looking to adopt." I heard the headmistress of the adoption say on the speakers. I could hear the excitement of girls outside the infirmary. The nurse came in to check on my nose.

"Alright, it's going to be fine. You, shall get ready, you might get adopted." The nurse said, she helped me gather my things and off the bed. I walked down the hallway and to my room. I fixed my makeup in the bathroom and just stared at myself for a minute. I wasn't anybody special, I had no REAL talent, no 'stunning good--looks'. Sure, I'm skinny, but that's it.

"All girls age ten to sixteen to the 'Choosing Room'. All girls age ten to sixteen to the 'Choosing Room'." The headmistress said on the speakers.

I got out of my room and into the hall, everyone was wearing something colorful. Everyone was excited, I was bracing myself for criticism. I followed the girls to the Choosing Room and stood at the end of the line, it was very long.

-- Andy Biersack's P.O.V. --

me and Juliet walked through the doors. "Girls, this is the couple that's looking for a young girl. Say hi." The lady said, the girls said hi, except for one. The girl in all black with a fragile face staring into the floor. I saw a girl kick her shin, she winced.

Me and Juliet asked each of the girls there names, all were very pretty, very nice names. We got to the end of the line and Juliet asked for the girls name.

"Amethyst." She said blankly, not looking up at us. Her voice was sorta transparent, like she wanted this to be over and done with and just leave.

"That's a very pretty name. Do you play any instruments?" I asked.

"Yeah, Acoustic Guitar, Piano and the Violin." Amethyst said, still not looking up at us.

"That's really.. cool. I know that band, they're good aren't they?" Juliet asked. Amethyst looked up at us, I saw the sides of her mouth twitch into a small, small, smile. I smiled down at her.

"So, you've chosen?" The lady asked.

"Yeah, we have." Juliet said.

"Alright. You, go pack your bags." The lady said.

Amethyst - looking slightly shocked - nodded and left. The girls were looking at us with disgust and disbelief.

"Seriously?! Her?!" A girl shouted.

"Yes." I said, holding Juliets' hand once more.

-- Amethyst's P.O.V. --

I walked back to my room, I'm actually getting adopted. By my own hero's and idols. I packed everything, my crappy laptop, my violin, my acoustic, my keyboard, clothes, shoes, belts, makeup, hair things, my spellbooks, everything I owned into a duffle bag and black and blue suitcase. I walked back down the same hallway only to be pushed to the floor face-first.

"I don't know why they chose you but I know one thing for sure. You do not deserve them." I heard Jessica say.

"Hey! What's going on?!" I heard a man asked. Andy.

"Huh? Oh, I was just helping this girl up. She tripped." Jessica said, helping me up.

"Bullshit." Juliet said, she took my hand, I flinched. Me being used to being beaten, I thought she might pull it unexpectedly, making me fall again, face-first, we left the adoption center. Andy had taken my duffle bag and was dragging my suitcase.

"So, Amethyst. I like your make up." Andy said.

"Thanks. I like yours." I said with a small smile.

"Thanks. Does your makeup mean something?" Andy asked.

"It just means something emotional to me. Something from my past." I said.

"Oh." Andy said.

"So, why did that girl push you?" Juliet asked.

"Because she hates me, she said I don't deserve to have been adopted." I said.

"Well, that is untrue. Completely untrue, you seem like a nice, intelligent, girl." Andy said.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" Andy asked.

"Everything. You both have no idea how much you've helped me." I said.

"Well, your welcome." Juliet said. Andy and Juliet put an arm around me, it was.. warm, comfortable, and.. genuine. I haven't felt this in so long.