Chapter One

The first thing I heard in the mourning was screaming, a type of roar. I jumped into a sitting position instantly, but then remembered that I had set Perfect Weapon by Black Veil Brides as my alarm. Stupid dumbass memory.

I got up and collected some clothes, I got dressed in a black, Depeche Mode band shirt, black skinny jeans with a chain hanging from it, black converse, and a black, oversized, Metallica zip-up hoodie. I straightened my hair and did my makeup, it was like the broken and cracked porcelain doll mixed with a ventriloquism puppet (Author: Meaning = lines going down the ends of her mouth), my eyes had small cracks lining under my eyes, symbolizing my many tears I had shed man many times before. I loved it, I loved my makeup. Others.. did not. The others here at the adoption center hated me, they'd try to have their fun with me and push me to the ground.

There's a reason behind my makeup, I'm broken in my heart, it's cracked, bruised and sore from use and loss. I was once a fool to someone's love, my best friends and family did not love me. They hated me, I was they're puppet, they toyed with me and faked everything. Until one day, they told me it had all been a joke, they laughed. It broke me, I didn't believe it until my dad hit me, I felt so unloved. Social Services heard of my situation and took me away, that was two years ago. None of the couples that came here, to the adoption center, showed any interest in me, no one did.

Just in case you were wondering, I don't cut. That would mean that I'm weak and desperate for the pain of heartbreak to leave. I am, I am desperate for the pain of heartbreak to leave, so I write. I write small songs about my feelings, I sometimes write on a piece of paper and flush it down the toilet so that the kids here don't find it. I draw things, little pieces of my imagination that I use to give me hope, hope that one day I'll leave and have a have happy family. One that doesn't fake everything and break me to tears.

I almost never have an expression, it's mainly blank. The only times I have an actual expression is when I'm being bullied, then my expression is fear, hurt, sometimes pain. When I'm alone and drawing with music playing my expression is peace, happiness. Sometimes, rarely, I'll crack a smile.

I walked out to the hallway with my Nightmare Before Christmas messenger bag and walked down to were breakfast was being served. Many kids looked at me in disgust, I put in my earphones and listened to Muses 'Starlight'.

I grabbed some pancakes and orange juice and walked to an empty table. I sat down and ate, while I ate I drew in a notebook. I loved to create small comics, many were of broken dolls being fixed, a girl being saved or hugged close by a boy. a boy like me, a broken doll or puppet. This one was of me on the floor, staring into the midnight sky.. the beautiful sky. My face was relaxed, my eyes slightly drooping, the next box a tear started to roll down my cheek. Then the next, the tear was down my cheek, then the next my eyes were closed, the tear was in mid fall.

I looked up at the mirror that was across the room, it was like those mirrors in the police investigations. I felt as though someone was behind it..

-- Andy Biersack's P.O.V. --

"Alright, sir. The kids are currently eating breakfast right now, we'll be observing them." The lady told me.

"I don't understand, why would we do that?" Juliet asked. We were thinking of adopting, since I didn't want Juliet go though the pain of child birth.

"Just to give you an idea of want they'll be like when you choose." The lady said, we nodded and she lead us to a room that had glass showing a room full of kids, many were talking to their friends. They were very colorful, they looked like good kids but one in particular caught my eye. It was a young girl sitting alone, eating pancakes, she was dressed in black, had black hair, but her makeup was so cool. It looked like an artist had drew it on her face, but one thing that had basically caught my eye was her expression. Many of the other kids expressions were filled with excitement and happiness. The girls was.. nothing. Like she had emotion.