Chapter 14: Worrying

"Next time, we won't hesitate on killing you"

--------------------------

Justin's POV

After being told that we were not going to do a thing with the Riles, I did what seemed like the most reasonable thing at that point - I ran.

I remembered to grab Ryan's car keys on my way out, before I got in his car and drove - Because let's be real; walking would be seriously stupid. We were in the middle of the forest for god's sake.

After I had driven past trees for 45 minutes, I finally got to the town. The town was not big; it just had a couple of grocery stores and a few bars. That was all they had here - I mean; it was practically in the middle of nowhere, so it made sense.

Instead of going to one of the bars (which were most likely empty now anyway), I bought a four pack of beer from the store and continued driving. When I had driven for about 5 minutes, I took a random turn to the right. I had no idea where I was going, but I did not care either.

I wanted to be alone.

The road was bumpy and dusty. Where does it even take you? I had to drive for over 10 minutes down the same rutted road before it came to an end. So, obviously this road didn't bring you anywhere, because at the end there was more forest.

I stepped out of Ryan's car and looked around me. In front of me, I could fairly see a path through the trees. I grabbed my beers and locked his car, making my way down the path. This trail has clearly not been used in years, because a lot of branches and bushes obstructed the way.

With my four pack of beer held tight in my left hand, I arrived the end of the path. I almost gasped at the beautiful view in front of me. This must have been a viewpoint.

I sat down on the ground, leaning my back against the rock behind me. Realizing I forgot to bring a beer opener, I opened it with the rock behind me. Smirking to myself, I chugged down the first beer. Damn I was thirsty.

I didn't even think twice before I opened the next one, and the next one...

... and the next one.

The sun was on its way down, and the sky above me was unbelievably gorgeous. The sky was filled with pink, red and yellow colors.

I looked at the last empty bottle in my hand, feeling the alcohol going through my system, before throwing the bottle off the cliff. Considering I was sitting so far away from it, the bottle hit the ground first, before rolling off. I wondered how far it was down. Would I die if I jumped?

Shaking the weird suicide thoughts out of my head, I stood up and made my way back. Although I handle alcohol very well, four beers made me slightly drunk. I stumbled through the forest and got in the car. Felling sober enough to drive, I started the car and made my way back to the main road.

It was dark outside when I arrived one of the bars. The bar was packed with people now. I guess this was where people in this town went on a Saturday night.

I got a few glances my way as I pushed my way through all of the people and sat down on one of the chairs. "What can I get for you?" the bartender asked me.

"A Brandy," I replied and placed a few dollars in front of him. He nodded and went to prepare my drink.

"Is this seat taken?" a girl asked me and pointed at the chair next to mine. I smirked and eyed her up and down. She was wearing a really tight fitting red dress that reached just below her ass, and her long, black hair fell behind her back.

"No," I replied, "have a seat. Can I buy you a drink?" I shot her a wink.

"I'll have a sex on the beach," she winked back, emphasizing the word sex. She wanted me.