Chapter 6: Fresh Air

To them it probably looked like a couple holding hands, when in reality; it was a kidnapper who was making sure his victim didn't escape.

----------------------------

Taylor's POV

I followed Justin out the door; the fresh air hit me in the face. I stopped on the porch, looking up at the sky. After not being outside for two weeks, this was an amazing feeling. You never really appreciate the small things like this before it is taken away from you. It is first then you realize how much you want that thing and need it in your life.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I wanted so savor this moment for as long as I could. Soon, Justin would probably turn around to see me standing here and drag me with him to the car.

The warm early-June breeze kissed my face and I took a deep breath. It smelt wonderful. The air was so fresh, considering this place was located far away from other houses. We were in the middle of the forest, so no cars drove past here. Birds were chirping in the distance, and you could hear the wind hitting the leafs. The temperature was fairly warm for Canada, and I was almost sweating under his sweatshirt. The sun was barely touching my skin, so I took of the hood.

I smiled. Damn I had missed the sun. I opened my eyes again, and they were met with Justin who looked at me. He hadn't done as I thought he would and dragged my away - he had let me stay. As soon as we got eye contact he looked away. "Come on, hurry," he said and opened the passenger door for me.

No, don't get your hopes up about him being a gentleman. He probably just did it so I wouldn't run away... Not that I could do that though he is faster than me.

He then ran over to the other side and got in the car as well. "Put your hood on," he ordered. I did as I was told and put it on. The car ride was silent. None of us spoke and I was too shy to ask him to put on the radio.

After driving for around 30 minutes, he stopped outside a grocery store. It was barely any cars here this early in the morning.

"Stay low," he warned. I nodded and we both got out of the car. Justin quickly ran to my side and grabbed my upper arm, dragging me with him towards the store. The cold air-conditioned air made goose bumps on my skin so I pulled the sleeve from the hoodie down to my wrist.

Justin had a tight grip on my arm as he dragged me towards the bread section, "I'm going to buy some other things while I'm at it," he explained to me and grabbed a bread with the arm we wasn't holding me with.

An old lady who was standing not too far away, looked strangely at us. Well, to be more specific, she looked at the tight grip he had on my upper arm. "Treat her with more respect, young man," she told Justin.

I felt him slowly release his grip and intertwined my finger with his instead. "No worries, mam. I was just joking with my girlfriend here," he told her. His grip on my hand was still strong, and I could almost feel his nails digging into my skin.

The woman didn't look convinced, so Justin nudged my hip. I turned to the lady and gave her a tight smile, "Yeah, it's just a bad joke. I'm fine, don't worry," I told her boldly. I was glad she could not see my eyes through the sunglasses, because I'm positive my smile did not reach my eyes.

She probably thought it was weird that I was wearing sunglasses inside. Only celebrities to that.

Justin turned around and dragged me away from the bread section. He did move his hand, so our hands stayed intertwined. Although his grip was a little tight, this was better than the grip on my upper arm - and it probably looked more real to other people around us.