Chapter 2: Dry Bread and Water

"We can either do this the hard way, or the easy way"

---------------------

It was Saturday night. My best friend, Hannah, and I were on our way back from a little get together with some friends. Since the legal drinking age in Canada was 19, we were now old enough to drink - so there had been served alcohol. I was not drunk, just a little tipsy, but to play it safe; we walked. We left my car in their driveway and started walking.

Hannah and I were neighbors, so we had been friends since we were in diapers. Our parents were very good friends as well. Hannah's family lived right across the street, and it took seconds for me to walk over to her.

I clicked the home-button on my phone and the screen lit up. 01:32am it read. My parents were most likely asleep. They knew where I had been. It was not a like a huge house party or anything, just a little get-together with our friends. Most of them were still there, but it started to take off with body-shots, and Hannah and I just thought it was a better idea to leave.

The house was only a few blocks away from our street; so we just walked. I wore jeans and a leather jacket, while Hannah had decided to put on a dress. It was not a slutty dress, if that is what you are thinking. It reached her mid-tight, and it wasn't tight, nor showed much skin. She looked beautiful in it.

"Did you see Chase and Jude tonight? They were so flirting the whole night. I knew those two had a thing for each other," Hannah said as we started walking down the street.

I nodded in agreement, "yeah, it was so obvious".

"Where was Sebastian tonight? How come he wasn't there?" Hannah asked. Sebastian was my boyfriend, and he was absolutely amazing. We had been dating for about a year almost. I loved him, or well - I thought I did.

"He's in Toronto with his parents," I explained to her. Hannah nodded and ripped off a leaf from a bush, tearing it into a million peaces while she talked, "oh, well when is he coming back?"

"Uh," I said unsurely, "a week or so?"

Hannah only nodded and threw away the leaf. We walked a few minutes in silence; the only sound was our feet toughing the pavement. Suddenly, there was a noise coming from the distance. "Did you hear that?" asked Hannah. I nodded as a reply; I heard that - loud and clear.

"Who is up at this time of the night?" I said, confused and scared of what might be out there.

"Who's there?" Hannah asked loudly. I cursed at her, "what the hell, Hannah?"

She shrugged and walked closer to me, grabbing my arm, "I think I saw a man". Then, we heard the noise again, and saw something behind a car not so far away from us.

"Okay," I whispered to her, "someone is obviously out there. I suggest we run". Hannah squeezed my arm, "on three. One, two . . . three," she whisper-yelled and we both started running. I didn't take long before we could here footsteps running behind us. Hannah and I ran as fast as we could, but suddenly, a car pulled up in front of us and two guys stepped out, "not so fast, ladies," they sneered.

I looked to my right, dark forest - not happening. Then, I looked to my left, the guy behind us stood there with his arms crossed over his chest. There was no way to escape. I heard Hannah whimper next to me and I pulled her closer.

"What do you want?" I managed to say, quite confidently, might I add.

"Right now, we want you two. You can either get in the car yourself, or we will do it. It is up to you," the guy spoke. My hands started shaking, and Hannah was now crying next to me. When the guy saw we were not going to move, he walked closer to us. I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing this was over - that I was only imagining this.