Chapter 2.04.2 ✔

"Bestiary."

xxxxx[PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, IMPORTANT MESSAGE]

xxxxx
[PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, IMPORTANT MESSAGE]

     The next morning Allison and I were awoken by a phone going off. "Is there any particular reason you woke us up this early?" I groaned the same time Allison mumbled 'what the hell?'. "I'm sorry, I didn't know Allison was there," Lydia sounded like she was about to cry. "Lydia. No it's fine, what happened?" It was quiet for a moment. "Lydia?" Allison then asked, since the phone was on speaker. "I don't know how it happened. I just-" "Lydia, hold on. What happened?" Allison and I looked at each other. What happened to this girl? "I punched a mirror," she whispered. She sounded scared. "Lydia, why would you do that?" Allison asked her friend. "I don't know. My mum woke me up this morning and when she pulled the blankets away she saw a lot of blood smeered on the sheets. It was my blood and we saw the mirror. Rebekah, what is happening to me?" Lydia cried. She almost never cried, not like this. "Lydia, we are going to figure this shit out."

~~~

     Allison and I picked up Lydia from her house, but instead of telling us everything that happened this morning all over again she kept staring out of the window. The only thing she has said so far is 'hey'. When we got at school, I parked the car, and before I could even say anything Lydia stormed out of the car. "I'm so confused right now," I mumbled, "I thought she wanted to talk about what happened." My eyes followed the strawberry blonde as she walked into the school. "She is known for shutting people out after something happened to her," Allison said. I sighed. "I just hope she'll talk to one of us eventually." I turned my head to Allison. "At least she has to go to the guidance counselor today, but knowing Lydia she will either be really sassy about it or she'll break down," I said and Allison nodded. We both got out of Allison's car and walked into the school to our lockers.

     During my free period I went to find Scott and Stiles, while Allison had class and while Lydia went to the guidance counselor. "Hola, bitches," I said when I finally found them sitting on some stairs. "Hey," the boys said in unison. "No Allison?" Stiles asked. "She got class, so I'll see her during lunch." I was about to sit down next to Scott but then he started asking a few questions. "I've got two questions for you," he said and all I did was frown and look at the boy. "One, how do you get all the Argents to like you? And two, are you and Allison coming to the game tonight?" I simply stared at Scott for a few seconds and then I laughed. I grabbed my phone and looked to my left again, where Scott was still waiting for me to answer. "Oh, you're serious." Scott nodded. "Honestly, I have no idea. Might be because I'm not trying to kiss ass and I also think it's because I can't knock her up. And yes, Allison and I are coming to the game tonight." Scott's face turned red and Stiles snorted. "Noted," Scott said.

     "Could you finally tell me what happened with your boss?" Stiles asked Scott and me. "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of record of all the things they've hunted, like a book-" I cut off Scott. "A bestiary." Stiles nodded in agreement. "What?" "A bestiary, just like I said when we were hiding in that closet." Scott snorted and his head went from me to Stiles. "You mean bestiality." Scott, just no. Stiles couldn't laugh about it either. "Pretty sure she doesn't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." I had to do my best not to laugh, since Scott was so confused as to how he doesn't know any of this 'stuff'. "You're my best friend, it's kind of like a priority of mine. I think Rebekah knows because of Derek." "Ding, ding, ding," I said while I didn't even look up from my phone.