{06}

Eva was sleeping in the passenger seat of her sister's car seeing she didn't want to stay at the bed and breakfast while her sister was stuck here, Emma kept looking over, finally she took a blanket and pulled it over her sister's shoulders. "Love you sis" Emma whispered, she kissed her head before getting back comfortable reading over a newspaper, "hey, you girls okay?" the soft voice of Mary Margaret spoke, she looked in at Emma then at her sister as Emma put her finger to her lips. "Oh, in the world of tight spots we've been in, crashing in my car doesn't even rank in the top ten" Emma whispered, she looked at her sister who snuggled further into her blanket for warmth.

"You're both sleeping here?" Mary asked worry laced in her voice. "Til I find us a place" Emma responded she was glancing at her sister ever so slightly before looking back at Mary. "You decided to stay. For Henry" Mary spoke Emma decided to get out of the car she closed its door quietly and leaned against it. "Yeah, I guess. This town doesn't seem to have any vacancies. None, actually. Is that normal?" Emma asked, the other woman smiled, the blonde got a sense of deja vu seeing it was like her sister was smiling at her. "Must be the curse" Mary joked Emma gave a half hearted laugh.

"Why are you out so late?" Emma changed the subject trying to push past the thoughts in her head. "Well, I'm a teacher, not a nun. I had a date" Mary said she held no smile which told the blonde how the date went pretty clearly. "From the looks of things, it went well" Emma said just then they heard shuffling as Eva started to wake up she blinked a couple of times. "Hello Mary, Emma I'm hungry" she muttered as she opened the door now and groggily headed to the other side she stood by her sister and leaned her head on her shoulder. "Hello, Eva. I think Granny's is still open, if she's hungry you can take her there" Mary spoke with a soft smile.

"Thanks" Emma said Mary was about to walk away but stopped for a moment making both sisters focus on her. "You know, if things get cramped, I do have a spare room, if you two don't mind sharing" Mary said, Eva was about to say yes but her twin spoke first. "Thanks. We're not really the roommate type. It's just not our thing. we do better on our own" Emma said her sister groaned internally she was looking forward to the idea of a bed. "Well, goodnight to you both. Good luck with Henry" Mary spoke before she left both sisters there.

***

Eva spent the next day just walking around town, at the moment was eyeing the shop known as 'Mr. Gold Pawnbroker & Antiquities Dealer' she walked up and pushed open the door, it was empty but she just looked around her eyes landing on a mobile that had clear blue and white unicorns on it, "something catch your eye dearie?" a voice spoke, her eyes shot over to see a man standing there he held a smile. "Sort of, this is really pretty. It's like something I've seen in my dreams, I'm Eva Swan" she nodded her head, which he returned. "Mr. Gold" he said, "would you like to buy it?" he asked as he walked over.

"Oh, no, what would I do with it. I don't have a baby or anything, I have a nephew but he's too old" she laughed lightly, Mr. Gold was surprised she wasn't frightened of him at all like most people. "I suppose not, but it does make for nice decoration. You said it reminded you of a dream, it could be worth holding on to" he spoke, she saw a look in his eyes, a look of pain like the thought of children was hurting him. "Do you have any children Mr. Gold?" she asked softly, he seemed upset even more that she brought this up, "you don't have to answer if it's painful, if something hurts me sometimes. I don't like to talk about it, and then it just builds up and hurts more and more as I hold it in until one day, I explode and usually I cry a lot" she said he held no emotion.

"It is a sore subject for me, My son left me long ago" he spoke, she nodded, she did something unexpected she placed her hands over his. "I'm sorry, but maybe one day he will return to you. Just like I have faith that I will one day see my own parents. You have to power on and continue in your pursuit and one day your child will return" she smiled softly he nodded a small smile on his face his eyes watering slightly, he had never known such kindness from anyone a kindness he was sure would disappear when she discovered who he really was. But little did he know Eva already knew he was the infamous Rumplestilskin.