Chapter 26

Harry nearly sped to his apartment when we left the school parking lot. He abruptly pulled into the parking spot, spooking 2 smokers. He opened the door while I did the same, we both ran towards the old elevator. He pushed the button multiple times, the dull light stayed the same and the elevator moved slower than ever. 

He took my hand in his large one and started taking me towards the stairs. 

“No.” I stopped in my tracks. 

He turned around to look at me, raising an eyebrow. “Why not?”

“Too many stairs.” I have war flashbacks of the last time I climb that mountain of stairs. 

He agreed and we went to wait for the elevator again, it opened with a squeak and I hesitated but got in after Harry. He pushed the floor button and the doors squeaked closed. The light flickered and Harry tapped his hand against his leg while watching the hand move slowly up the scale. 

And again, the elevator came to an abrupt stop, and the lights went out. I fell on my bum again, the shake in the floor having the force to knock me over. I heard a bang next to me and knew Harry either ran into the wall or fell. I sighed loudly. 

“Goddamn it!” Harry shouted loudly, with a frustrated sigh. He stood up felt around. 

His hand grabbed mine and helped me up off the floor. “I’m sorry-”

“No, I’m sorry, we should ok took the stairs.” I apologized for my stupid choice. 

He turned and went over to the dead lights and tried pushing them, trying to get a source of light to show up. 

I leaned against the wall, this was my fault.

I was startled when I felt a warm hand brush the skin of my cheek. My hair was pushed away and his other hand was placed on my right side. His breath fanned over my lips, he was making me go crazy.

He leaned in barely, our lips just brushing each other, but enough to leave a tingling feeling. My back was still pressed against the elevator wall, his body pushing me against it, not allowing me to move. Not that I wanted to. 

He hovered over my mouth, I took the responsibility of pressing them together. My hand grabbed his tie and tugged him towards me. A smirk was on his lips as the met mine, My hand left his tie and traveled to his chest.

Our lips moved in timely motions, his hands couldn’t stay still. 

“Hop up.” He instructed against my wet lips. 

My feet stayed planted on the ground. I haven’t started my diet yet, I’m not letting him pick my heavy body up. 

“Monica.” He roughly spoke, his grip on my hip tighten making me flinch. His hand loosened as he heard my gasp in pain, his lips left mine. “O-oh god, I-I’m sorry.”