Chapter 3

I look up from my sandwich to see Sophie playing with her hair tie. I smile as her eyes catch mine, she looks away nervously like she always does. She has a weird thing about making eye contact with people. I turn to Mollie as she talks to me about Mr.Styles like I am her face book status. Alfie speaks to his mates about a party this Friday, and I’m slightly surprised to hear something beside ‘Football mate’ leave their lips. 

“So are you going?” Says Mollie, My eyes up to see her staring at me wide eyed. 

“Oh, em, Sorry?” I ask shaking my head. She sighs and turns back to her salad and move the green around in the container. 

“You weren’t listening,” She looks up from her fork, “were you.”

“Mollie you can’t blame me. Your house could be in flames and burnt to the ground and you would talk about what Mr.Styles’s wore that day.” The straw of my drink fall between my lips as I turn back to my lunch.  It was true. Ever since Mr. Styles walked into that classroom 2 weeks ago she’s been non stop talking about him and non stop trying to figure out who the lucky girl called his girlfriend is. 

“Sorry.” She says sarcastically, turning back to her meal. “He’s just-He’s just so.”

“Hot?” I finish for her, swallowing.

“Yea.” She looks down defeated. “He’s really bloody hot.”

The bell rings and Mollie and I get up followed by Sophie to throw our trash away. Alfie carries on with his conversation with his friends. 

“Oh okay Bye!” I wave to him, as he forgets to say goodbye, “I Love You Too!”

Mollie snickers at me as she watches him walk away carelessly. “All he does is complement you on how you smell.” I shrug as I look towards the ground suddenly feeling sorry for myself. 

“But anyways, what were you saying before? Asking if I was going?”

“Oh, right.” She starts as we walk into Mr.Styles’ class room and take a seat in the middle row. “There’s a party this Friday, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me.”

Flashbacks of the last time I went to a party were running around in my mind. Waking up on someone’s floor, a pounding head ache, and my breath stenched of weed. I shivered at the thought, I honestly am wishing that the weed is not brought. “I’ll think about it, what time?” 

“I could pick you up at 11:30.” I nod as I make a mental note that I have to sneak out. My mother has a strict rule of being home at the right time, even though I think she couldn’t care less.

I nod as the bell rings and Mr.Styles’ walks in and starts handing out papers. I look down at the white sheet to see ‘Nervous System project’ Written in bold letters at the top, with suggestions underneath. 

“Okay class. We are doing a project on the nervous system. This is your project, which mean you are to do this by yourself.” He eyes the group of friends in the classroom, “You can either Make an exhibit demonstrating the structure of a component of the nervous system, Make an exhibit demonstrating the function of a component of the nervous system, or Design, construct, and perform an experiment to verify the structure of a component of the nervous system. Does everyone understand?”