Chapter 8

I sat in Spanish without Mollie next to me. She wasn’t anywhere to be found, and Mr.Horan’s lecture was not interesting without her sexual remarks under her breath. He passed out the homework assignments and then the bell rang. I ran to my next class and took a seat in the front again. An animal cell was being sketched on the board and people were chatting around me, I felt lonely. 

“Can I go to the nurse.” I asked the teacher. She nodded and I walked to the bathroom, pulling out my phone and googling ‘Flu symptoms’.

I wonder why Mollie didn’t come to school today. She always come to school, and like she says ‘I have a purpose, hot teachers’. Mollie has only skipped school 1 for about a week and it was after her mother’s passing. I was there by her side the whole time so, I wasn’t alone in this hell hole. 

I walked out of the bathroom towards the nurse after I had the information I needed to get out of here. I pushed the door open and tried to look as tired as possible, the nurse smiled widely. 

“Hello dear, anything wrong?”

“Bad migraine, and a stomach ache.” I explain, sitting down in a plastic chair. 

“Let me check you out!” She walked over to the counter, getting a thermometer and rubbing It on my forehead.  “Well, your not burning up, but are you sure you don’t feel well?”

“I feel like I might throw up.” I lie. She nods, filling out a piece of paper and handing it to me, an absence note for the next day. 

“Get well soon love!” She pushed me through the exit, and I am left alone to walk home - or to Mollie’s house.

I started running as it started to rain, every part of me was dripping as I stepped foot off of the school campus. At times like this I really wish I had a car.  I ran and sprinted and walked and stopped to catch my breath and slipped In the mud until I finally reached the driveway with Mollie’s car. My pant and shirt were covered in dirt as I stopped in front of her stone wall. I dropped my bag and looked over to not find her dad’s car. I took that as a sign that it is alright to climb up. 

I slipped multiple times but I managed to get to her window. With a tight grip, I looked into her room. Her body was found lying on the bed, motionless. I opened her window and she still didn’t move. My feet carried myself towards her and her eyes opened as she heard me, she looked at me in complete disgust.

“What the bloody hell are you doing?! Did you roll in the mud before you came here?!” She yelled at me.

I laughed at little before looking down at myself. “Kinda, I guess.” 

“Well leave, or take a damn shower and leave.” She rolled over onto her stomach, pulling a pillow over her head. 

I didn’t blame her for getting all worked up. As I walked into her bathroom and grabbed a towel, I thought it all over.

Things I’ve done:

1) Call her a bitch

2) Brought her mom into a situation 

3) Rolled in mud like a pig and broke into her house

I really am a crap friend. 

I showered quickly and got out of find some of Mollie’s sweatpants and an old T-shirt. I slipped them on to find a hole in the back of the shirt and the sweatpants only reach my mid-calf. But I deserve it. Being a shitty friend has it ‘perks’. 

When I walked out of the bathroom Mollie nearly laughed her ass off at me. I was going to yell at her but then I remembered that I’m a piece of shit and I can let her laugh. She clutched her stomach as she sat down on her bed and she looked at me with joy in her eyes. “I feel a little better now.” She whispered. 

I laughed dryly and sat down beside her. “I actually came over here to apologize.”

“School isn’t even over yet.” She glanced at the clock.

“I’m terribly sick.” I fake cough, getting a laugh from Mollie, “But yea, I walked over here and that why I looked homeless when I walked in. And it was raining outside so I might actually be sick now.” I explained.

Mollie Shrugged. “That’s the Monica I know.” She peered down at her fingers. 

“But back to the reason of why I came here,” I cleared my throat, “I’m really sorry Mollie. I’m just tired, you know? I know it was wrong to explode on you but-”

“Mon, It’s okay. You didn’t have to explain.” She smiled.

“So I just have to walk 4 miles to get you to forgive me?” I laughed. She walked over to her dresser and got me some new clothes, some that actually fit me. 

“Your clothes are in the wash. And I have pizza rolls down stair if you want any.” She knows me so well. 

~~~~~

OMG ITS SO SHORT IM SO SORRY BUT LITERALLY IM SO SICK IM IN THE HOSPITAL ON CHRISTMAS. I DONT EVEN CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THO NO ONE REALLY DOES IN SOUTH AFRICA BUT YEAH> IM THROWIN  G UP EVERY 30 MINS AND THE DOCS DONT KNOW WHY 

BUT COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE PART IN THIS FAN FIC'

I LOVE YOU GUIYS *THROWS UP*

~Poopy (Literally) xx