Chapter 2

March 22, 2014 (same day)

Nathaniel is off to the side

Reagan was shocked. He didn't even sit down, introduce himself, or, you know, check her portfolio. What kind of law firm is this?

"Um, aren't you suppose to check my portfolio, and, you know, ask me questions?" Her nose was scrunched up, Nathaniel found it absolutely adorable, if possible, his smile got wider.

Nathaniel cleared his throat, "I just have a sixth sense about these sort of things. You look responsible enough, but, I'll uh, check just in case," he blushed.

He actually blushed.

You may not understand the seriousness of this picture here, so I'll say it again. He blushed, beet red, this man hasn't been any shade other than sun-kissed all his life.

It was then that they realized their hands were still intertwined. Reagan was the first to release, dropping her hand to the side quickly almost as if his hands burned her.

But, no. It was in fact the exact opposite of that quite frankly. His touch sent tingles shooting from her hands to her toes. Having her heart beat at an unhealthy pace.

If she didn't calm her erratic heart beat down, they might have to cut their interview short and take a quick detour to the hospital.

Deep breaths, Reagan.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

In.

Out.

"Are you okay, Ms Summers?" at least he hoped she was a miss, Mrs would be-oh, he can't even think about that. He wanted this beauty to himself, she was his, and him, hers. No ring, no problem.

Although, perhaps he was overthinking things just a little. I mean, they did just meet after all. But, that still didn't stop his mind from wandering.

Reagan simply nodded, unable to form words from her suddenly dry throat. His voice, oh God, how deep it was. So smooth, as smooth as silk even.

"Well, let's get this meeting along, shall we," Reagan once again nodded.

_________________✍

So much Nathaniel just wanted to scream at her to speak, he wanted to hear her magnificent velvety voice. Maybe that might scare her off just a little bit. He reluctantly refrained from raising his voice at his girl.

Wait, his girl?

Already wrapped around her small fingers and he doesn't even know so much as her favourite colour. He sighed, irritated at himself for thinking such thoughts over someone he'd just met not even ten minutes ago.

"Can I get some water, please?" her voice suddenly popped up, bringing him out of his stupor. He nodded, taking in every inch of her face while he did so. Her eyes were a deep brown colour, natural untamed curls flowing all over, no make-up even.

Well, that's a first.

Not even so much as mascara, just lip balm. And her lips, he couldn't miss that as big and pink as they were.

Reagan smiled, and it was then when he noticed she had dimples. Deep ones. He felt his pants get tighter, God, how that turned him on, good thing there was a desk in the way or would she be in for a shock.

"Um," Reagan was wondering when she would get her water. At this point, she was wondering if she would get it at all. "Where's the water dispenser?" not wanting to disturb him, she decided to get it herself, Nathaniel seemed rather distracted.