The Monster Inside Of Me

The Monster Inside of Me

Chapter 1

Read, vote, comment...and most of all enjoy=]

A horror, romance, tragedy that you have never read before.

Feeling the dirt warm underneath my large paws I ran faster. The greenery flash behind me as a green blur and I howled into the forest warning every creature to stay clear of my path. Faster, faster, my legs were feeling the strain, my body wanted to give up from running but my mind was set on the target. Panting, I arrived at the edge of the forest where the black rug sack was waiting for me underneath the brush of the trees.  

Breathe, feet, arms, thumbs, and I felt my body shifting, my black fur turning into smooth tan skin.

Light surrounded my body until I was normal again. 

Normal, I thought in disgust, I will never be normal again. I thought while trudging on my skinny jeans and large t-shirt. Stepping from underneath the trees I went into a large plain where laid my personal hell high-school.

Everyone was scattered into their own little pathetic clicks; jocks, their sluts, geeks, overachievers, outsiders, and basically the people so weird they can't even be classified into a social life. Well I guess that's where I fall in. Samantha and I have known each other since last year, when she just moved and decided to be my friend. I never understood why she was just attracted to me like a magnet and I just let her.

But the thing was she was completely different from me, with her light blonde hair and brown eyes she was the typical girl next door. Unlike me with my raven black hair and Green eyes looked awkward compared to my tan skin that I so happily inherited from my father's Indian ancestry. Fucking bastard, she thought of the man who left her family before she even knew him.

"Dawn!" screeched the familiar voice from across the field. I sighed; it was soo typical for Sam to scream my name across the field to attract attention. Trudging across the field I met her at our usual spot, the trash can.

"What Sam" I sighed, feeling upset that I had to go face lunatics and idiots.

"Ohh is Downy winey in a bad mood?" she said while pushing away the hair covering her eyes.

"I'm always in a bad mood you know that" she mumbled while leaning against the trash can give glares to the idiots who kept on staring at her.

"Well I guess this news is going to make you pissed" she smirked "I heard the Brian was going to ask you out again and he isn't taking no as an answer" she said while breaking up into giggles. I rolled my eyes, when is that jerk going to learn that some real girls don't want his company. Whatever.

"Oh and look who's here" Sam said while turning to leave inside the building while Brian came up with a large smile.

"Hey dawn" he said with a cocky smile.

"What can you possibly want that you know the answer for" I said sarcastically, Brian was always trying to ask me out on a date when I clearly denied him several times. But I had to give it up to him, the guys didn't give up, but I was tired and in a bad mood.

"You of course" he said with a smirk that was terribly annoying. 

"I know you secretly just want me" he said with a wink.

Frustrated I turned to him and mustered up the sweetest smile I could. This probably looked like a grimace, from my lack of experience using the old muscles.

"Of course I want you..." I said and watched him look shocked then pleased. Then I took my foot out and hooked it against his ankle with so much force that he fell on his back with a loud thump.

"Dead" I growled and walked off into the face of my principle.

"Ms. Night will you please follow me to detention" said the plump man who seem flustered. I can smell the fear on him, which pleased the monster within.

" You see John" I said his first name with malice " I kind of have other things to do, but I would be more than happy if you took the shit hole over there and burry his ego" I smirked when John's jaw dropped to form a complete O.

I turned around and walked my way back to the thick underbrush of the forest. It was Friday anyway I wouldn't miss much of the lesson in school, it was all pointless anyway. Taking off My clothes and putting them back inside the back I started running. Crushing the twigs and leaves I ran harder pumping until I saw the drop off of the river. I jumped turning until the familiar light surrounded me and I felt my bones begin to change.

My skin was tearing until I felt the thick black coat of my fur and the white strip that marked the right eye that always burned the most. My hands and feet turned into large paws and my claws extracted. Landing on four feet instead of two I stopped and looked at the moving water suppressing a shudder at the reflection in the clear blue water.

My name Is Dawn-Anne Night, I'm eighteen and I'm a monster.