Chapter 4: Nightmares

Tyler's arms were crossed, his eyes, daggers, digging into my soul. We approached him cautiously. He walked toward us as well.

"Why are you with him? He's the one that caused this mess!" Tyler said him in disgust.

"He's the one that saved my life, twice!" I held up two fingers," And what are you doing here? We broke up, remember?"

"Yeah! But you shouldn't just automatically go to him as soon as we break up!" He seemed really mad now.

"Look, my cellphone died, I didn't have a car so I had to walk, and then I got mugged by some bikers. Derick saved me, see? He has a black eye," Derick shrugged uncomfortably.

Tyler shook his head," Fine! I don't care!" He stomped away, fumbling for the keys to his car parked on the otherside of the parkinglot.

Derick gave my hand a squeeze,"I'm sorry, I didn't know he was going to be here..."

"It's okay," He looked unsure so I gave him a smile. We climbed into his car and Derick turned the ignition on.

The whole ride we didn't speak. I watched the trees go by. A deer pranced through the woods, squirrels chased eachother up a tree. When we finally got to my house, my mom was waiting outside, clutching a phone to her chest.

"Oh, thank God!" My mother squeezed me tightly,"And who is this young man?" She pointed to Derick.

"Oh, that's Derick. He's the one who saved me yesturday," I said.

"Hi Ma'am," He shook her hand.

"Thank you so much!" Sherry smiled broadly.

Derick smiled awkwardly. I gave him an apologetic look. My mother looked back at me,"Let's get you cleaned up." Derick gave me a hug and walked back to his car. Sherry dragged me inside and thrust me into the bathroom.

I took a long, hot shower and wrapped myself in a fluffy towel. Throwing on an oversized t-shirt and shorts, I snuggled into my bed. The bed was nice and cozy. I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up in an familiar place. It was the street where I had been attacked by some thugs. The rain pelted down as it had that faithful night.

I walked on the slippery sidewalk, dark clouds loomed above me. The hum of an engine interrupted the silence. The motorcycle pulled up next to me, followed by many others. All had burly, scary men gripping the handle bars. The one that was next to me had a leather jacket, the sleeves ripped off. Without the sleeves, I could smell his armpits, which strangely smelled of pee. He sneered at me, his yellow teeth slowly decaying, I shuddered, just as I had before.

"Hey, babe. Why don't you sit your ass down on my bike, and I can take you for a ride, if you know what I mean," His little gang punched one another and laughed.

I ran this time to get away from him. The rest was a blur. You would think after going through this once, I could handle it, but I was still too weak.

Before they could dump me on the back of a motorcycle, a dark car screeched to a stop. It looked like the same car as before, but it was a chevy. This time, Derick didn't step out of the car with crowbar in hand, instead a boy in a hooded jacket climbed out holding a pair of nunchucks. He flung them around like a toy.

Slowly, the hooded figure aproached me. I squirmed, trying to break free.

"What do you want us to do with her boss?" A thug asked.

"I'll handle her," He sneered. The boy brought back his hand with the nunchucks and hit me square in the face. I let out a blood curdling screech. He hit me aqain and again.

"Stop!!!"I begged.

"You're so weak," He snickered.

"Just stop!!" I yelled. Tears streamed down my face.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked, reaching for his hood. I shook my head. The boy slowly removed his hood,"Now do you?"

I gasped. It can't be...

Beep! Beep!

I was startled awake by my phone. Sweat dripped down my face. I reached for my phone and pressed read to see the text.

R u feeling better? Derick had sent me.

Not really... I replied.

Aww, y not? He asked.

I just had a horrible dream... I pressed send.

What was it about?

U no how the thugs attacked me, well it was about that

What happened?

I think that someone ordered them to do it.I said.

Who?

I hesitated... Tyler