Chapter 3: The Truth Hurts

Author's note:

sorry the last chapter was so short, i had terrible writers block. but this time, i will give u alot 2 read 2 make up 4 that :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom drove me up Tyler's driveway. His house loomed over us, casting a long, dark shadow since the sun was positioned behind it. He lived in one of those old Victorian styled houses dated back in the 1940's. A new patch of paint covered some of the dry, pale paint that was peeling after facing weather for 70 years. The wooden stairs creaked as I stepped up them to the front door. There was no doorbell, so I gently knocked. My knuckles turned white after a few seconds when I knocked again.

The hinges that kept the ancient door from falling off squeaked as the door opened. Tyler stepped out and smiled at me," Hey!" He nodded in my direction, then turned to my mother," Nice to see you."

My mother forced a smile and nodded slightly, her eyes narrowing. Tyler turned away," Come on in." My mom gave me a long hug as if it was the last time she would see me. I was surprised she was letting me come over, since she didn't like Tyler. But I had told her there was something troubling me, I guess she thought I was going to break up with him. Though she might be right, once Tyler learns the truth, he might end it.

I stepped inside his house that smelled of old lady perfume and dust. We entered the living room and sat on the couch. Tyler flipped through the channels on his T.V. that matched the house, it was just a small square box with 5 channels, so it didn't take long for him to flip through them.

"Tyler, I have something to tell you something," I fiddled with my thumbs. He removed his arm from my shoulder that I didn't realize was placed around me.

"Yes?" He asked, not really paying attention.

"At the beach party the other night," I hesitated. Should I tell him? I asked myself. I took a deep breathe," Derick kissed me..."

That sure got his attention. "What!" He screamed.

"We were talking, and he just leaned in to me! I didn't kiss him back, I swear!" I held my hands in surrender.

He stood up and pointed towards the door," OUT!" I grabbed my stuff and rushed to the door. Tyler slammed the door behind me. Tears streamed down my face. I fumbled with my phone, trying to send my mom a quick text, but the battery died. I wish I could have driven myself home the 6 miles, but i didn't have my licence, I was only 15.

I started the treacherous hike home. It felt like one of those movies where this girl is driving, but her car breaks down. She starts walking and a car splashes water on her, and then her heel breaks. Except what happened to me was much worse. One, it was raining. Two, I slipped in a puddle. Three, as I was crossing the road, a car almost hit me. Four, a tree almost fell on me after being hit by lightening. And five, I got lost.

I walked on the slippery sidewalk, dark clouds loomed above me. Suddenly, the hum of an engine interrupted the silence. A motorcycle pulled up next to me, followed by many others. All had burly, scary men gripping the handle bars. The one that was next to me had a leather jacket, the sleeves ripped off. Without the sleeves, I could smell his armpits, which strangely smelled of pee. He sneered at me, his yellow teeth slowly decaying, I shuddered.

"Hey, babe. Why don't you sit your ass down on my bike, and I can take you for a ride, if you know what I mean," His little gang punched one another and laughed.

I looked away and tried to walk faster. He followed me on his bike. When he saw I wasn't going to respond, he got off the bike. He walked toward me with outstretched hands, as if he was going to grab me. Immediately, I reached for my mace, which I usually carried in my purse with me, but I couldn't find it.