Chapter 1: Party Like There's No Tomorrow

I opened my closet door and picked up all my bikinis. Dumping them on the bed, I collapsed into my zebra bed sheet with matching hot pink pillows. My bikinis lay sprawled out on my bed, some drawn over the edge clinging for their dear lives, others had already fallen to the floor.

 I pinch each bikini with my fore finger and thumb, and hold it away from my face as if it were my brother's stinky gym socks. After searching through a few two pieces, each one joining the fallen swim suits on the floor in a weak display, I finally pick up my white bathing suit with colorful imitation splatter paint.

 I quickly change into the two piece. I had been invited to go to a beach party at Venice beach. With its soft light sand, volleyball courts with sandy white balls to hit over nets, hot, tanned boys with their sexy abs, and crystal clear water that splashes up against you, forming huge, powerful waves, who would turn down the invitation?

 I filled my pink beach bag with sunscreen, my pink and white striped towel, and small purple beach umbrella. Pulling my yellow summer dress over my tanned body, I put on my one-inch heel flip-flops. My Gucci sunglasses sheild my eyes from the sun wafting in through the window.

 I strut into the hall where my boyfriend, Tyler, was waiting. He put his fingers to his lips and whistled," You look hot, Tess!" Tyler stands and leaves a warm kiss on my cheek. My smile shines, he places his muscular arm on my shoulder.

 "How are we going to get to the beach?" I ask as I dab sunscreen on my nose. Tyler presses his nose to mine, leaving a white mark on his perfectly pointed nose.

 He starts to rub the sunscreen into his skin,"My uncle is driving us."

 I cock my head, my strawberry blonde hair swishes with my movement," The one with five houses, or the one with a crack addiction?" The last beach party we had gone to, we had taken a ride with his uncle George, he was filthy rich, but he had been very cautious about the leather seats in his limo and made us sit on towels so we didn't get sand on the fur carpet.

 Tyler knelt down to tie his shoe for a distraction, I tapped my foot impatiently. "Uncle Bruce," He sighed. I groaned. "I know, I know. He has a crack addiction, but this time he is letting us sit in the front instead of the truckbed," He stood and put his arms around me, gripping my waist. I draped my arms on his strong body, giving in even though I was kinda mad at Tyler.

 Last time we had hitched a ride from Uncle Bruce, we had to sit in the back because Bruce's pit bull, Princess, who he would do anything for, likes to sit in the passenger seat, and when he made a sharp turn, I'd nearly fallen out.

 Tyler pulled my body closer to his. Tingles go up and down my spine. Goosebumps dance across my skin as Tyler's lips crash into mine. After awhile we pull away. I stare into his deep hazel eyes. Tyler's white teeth form a smile. This was our first real kiss, it wasn't in the most romantic place ever, but sparks flew.

 Beep beep! A car horn breaks us out of our trance. Tyler swings his bag onto his shoulder and offers to carry mine. "Such a gentlemen," I tease. He smirks and takes my hand. The palm of his hand is carved with his life line and various others. I trace my fingers along the deep lines. His life line is long, which is a good sign, but it had a lot of cracks and breaks. I wondered what it meant.

 We head outside, locking the house door behind us. I text my mom on my IPhone saying I had already left.

 In the driveway was a beat up pickup truck with faded gray paint. Graffiti was spread all over the hood. The door opened with a loud creaking noise that sounded like a dying cat. Tyler got in first since I didn't want to sit next to his creepy drug addicted uncle. The seats were cracked and covered in various stains. Sitting by the wheel was an old looking man with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. He had yellow crooked teeth and it looked like he hadn't shaven in a few days. A cap was pulled over his half bald head and it looked like he had gained more than a few pounds since the last time I'd seen him. McDonalds hamburger wrappers and used cigarettes were trashed all over the dashboard and floor.