Chapter 2: Last words

I woke up the next morning, my radio blaring a song I didn't recognize. My hand slammed down on the off button. It was suddenly very quiet. I wiped my sleep-crusted eyes and yawned. Sliding my fuzzy slippers on, I trudged down the hall to the kitchen.

"Good morning," My mom greeted me, mixing milk into her coffee. My dad sat at the table with a newspaper in his hands, his feet on the table. Rolling up a magazine, my mom playfully hit his feet. My dad, Kert, put them down on the floor, taking a sip of his cappuccino.

She sat down and motioned for me to do as well. The chair squeaked as I pulled it out from the table,"Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no dear, nothings wrong. We just wanted to tell you that your sister is coming to town. So, while she is here, you two will be sharing a room. I need you to clear a place for her mattress in your bedroom," My mom, who I sometimes called Sherry, told me.

It annoyed me that my parents thought I was willing to do whatever they wished me to do, my sister would be fine on the couch. And anyways, my sister, Jade, was very hard to live with. She was a spoiled brat, an annoying girl who only stopped throwing tantrums when she was twelve, and she always tried, and succeded, at getting everything she wanted.

Jade was always trying to be better then me. If I got a boyfriend, she would get two boyfriends (I don't know how that works), if I held a big party, she would hold two, if I got an A+ on my exam, she would get an A++. I never really tried to out-do her, but she tried to beat me anyways, as if she saw me as a threat.

"Oh, I almost forgot," An imaginary lightbulb lit up above my mother's head,"If you don't have plans Friday, I need you to pick Jade up from the airport."

"Oh, that's when me and Tyler..." I started.

"Great, so you have no plans! Thank you," Sherry interupted. She kissed the top of my head and left the room with Kert.

Ugh, I slammed my fist down on the table. The water in my glass quivered. A pencil rolled along the table and fell off the edge, falling to its death.

Everytime I wanted to do something with Tyler, my parents made an excuse for me not to go, but sometimes I weasled out of it. I had a feeling I wasn't squeezing out of this one.

My parents were never fond of Tyler. They always thought he was hiding something. Ever since we had started dating, they insisted I deserved someone else. They would hint at different boys they wanted to set me up with. They had known Tyler's parents for years, and they didn't trust them either. It was as if they knew something about his past that they couldn't bring up the courage to tell me.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Pulling it out, the screen flashed with a new text message.

Good morning 8D

The message was from Tyler. I didn't feel like texting him, let alone talking to him.

...

I texted back.

Not having a good morning? :(

He replied almost instantly as if he was hovering over his phone.

eh...

I answered.

What's got u down? :'(

Tyler asks.

im just tired :/

I hesitated before hitting send.

Wanna come over?

sure, i guess

I had to talk to Tyler about Friday, and maybe about last night.