Chapter 10 - Bombs

A few days later, Akai stood beside Naruto, the rest of her team not in the area because they were assigned to a different team on a different mission. It was explained to Akai by the Hokage that Naruto and Kakashi had personally asked for her to join them for this mission because of her stealth and her use of swords.

Akai had a tan cloak draped over her shoulders like everyone else, and she stared up at Kakashi who was looking over at the teams that would be going on this mission, Team 7 and Team 8, plus Akai.

"Okay listen here. From now on, our main objective is to find Itachi and take him into custody."

"Right." Everyone said, nodding their heads in sync.

"The Akatsuki is rounding up the tailed beasts, and we believe they already have the Three-Tails. According to the information obtained by Jiraiya, it is already possible that they have entered the land of fire and are looking for Naruto."

Akai glanced over at Naruto and watched as the boy tensed up slightly and grunted under his breath. Akai placed her hand on his shoulder lightly and patted it before returning her attention to Kakashi.

"Remember that Itachi is originally from the Hidden Leaf village. Three years ago, he came back looking for Naruto."

"Then it would make sense that he would be heading back to the Leaf this time as well," Sai said, and Akai nodded in agreement to the boy's statement.

"Then Sasuke should be close by too; he's following Itachi," Sakura said, and Akai looked down at the ground slightly, kicking her foot back and forth.

'With your cousin!' Akane said, giggling inside of Akai's head.

'Not now, Akane. I need to focus.'

'Whatever, tashikani!'

'That's my line.'

"I'll find him," Naruto said, and Akai glanced up at him. "I'll definitely find the way to Sasuke.

"Here's the search protocol, we will use this as our center point and use this to search the five-kilometer radius. If we find nothing, we'll move the center point and search the next five-kilometer radius. We'll keep repeating this until it works."

"Five kilometers? That's too far for our wireless radios to work." Sakura said, and Kakashi nodded his head. "Being split up like that could be very dangerous. There should be a minimum of two man squads so that if an enemy is a-..."

"Sakura," Yamato reminded, "Try not to be so worried."

"Look," Kakashi said, flipping open his cloak and using his Summoning Jutsu to summon his ninja hounds. In a cloud of smoke, a group of dogs appeared in front of them.

"Our voices can travel much further than any radio, and our noses and sniff out any danger. So, we'll protect you." Pakkun said, and Naruto smiled at the dog.

"Pakkun!"

"Okay, let's go over the team roster. For this mission, I'm assigning two ninjas hounds per ninja team."

"Two ninja hounds... but that."

"So please, play nice."

All the ninja hounds began to walk over to the different ninja, separating themselves into groups of two.

"What about me, huh?"

"You're a tailed beast, so thus a target. So to protect you from a potential Akatsuki attack, you'll be escorted by Yamato and a sensory type, Hinata."

"And don't forget Big Bark Bull over there!" Pakkun added as he laid on Kakashi's shoulder.

"What about Akai?" Sakura asked, "There aren't enough ninja hounds for her to have two."