Chapter 9 - Distrust

Akai let out a huff, staring at the blonde Kage in front of her.

"I already told you, I don't remember much about what he did. And it's not a pleasant topic, either."

The Kage sent her a glare, "I'd appreciate it if you just cooperate, Hozuki. You already severely injure one of my best shinobis," she reminded, pointing at Akito, who instinctively pulled up the handkerchief around his neck to try to cover the bandages. Akai immediately turned away, clenching her fists in frustration.

'I'm sorry,' Akane whispered in her head.

'...Let's just pretend it never happened.'

"And not to mention that you should have already been categorized as a rogue ninja, for not informing us about your whereabouts in two years."

Akai let out a growl in annoyance, "I don't care about that, old hag. I told you I'm done talking about it."

Tsunade huffed, "Fine then, if you say so." She turned her attention towards the Anbu inside the room, "Take her to the T&I, and tell Yamanaka Inoichi to search for anything about Orochimaru in her head."

'Yamanaka? Oi, Akai... It's the mind-reading clan, right?'

Akai instantly snapped, and her hand immediately reached for Hiramekarei, but one of the Anbu had grabbed her wrist and held a kunai beside her neck.

"Try anything and you're dead."

"What?! You can't do this!"

"Technically, you're a rogue ninja in my village. You-..."

"I'm a Konoha shinobi! When I became one, the deal was for this village not to read my memory!"

"She's right! Ask Ibiki, ask Anko, heck, even Kakashi knows! It's her deal with the Sandaime, aren't you going to at least respect his decision?!" Akito added, trying to break free from the other Anbu who's holding him back. Tsunade sent him a glare as well, gesturing the Anbu to drag him out, which he did.

"...This is what I hate about you Kages. You're heartless. I thought this place is at least better, but no, you don't even trust your own shinobi."

The sannin only sighed, "Just take her already. I'll be there soon. And make sure neither Ibiki nor Anko can enter the place."

Before Akai could react, she already found herself back in the interrogation room.

| * | * | * | * | * |

Akai, in the end, decided to calm herself down and get everything over with. There's almost no way what's going to happen to her will be worse than what she has gone through, and with Akane in her head, her privacy wouldn't be that much disturbed.

'You know, I heard that this guy is the leader of his clan.'

'The Yamanaka?'

'Yup! I'm quite curious, I wanna see how good is he! Don't you think it's interesting?'

'Well, I don't exactly fancy the idea of someone going through my mind... But if in the end he does, you can show him or tell him whatever, as long as it won't put us in danger in the future.'

'I'll handle him, you can count on me~ So I can do anything I want, right? He's asking for it.'

Akai chuckled in agreement, but before she could give another reply, she felt another chakra signature walking towards the room. Instinctively, she leaned forward, which caused the Anbu to push her back onto the metal chair and pointed his katana onto her neck.