9.

I didn't realize I had spoken out loud until I received an answer. "Girl that's Vanessa Steel, Mr. Demage's girlfriend." Jasmine said, with a roll of her eyes. I didn't even hear her come back. "The door is locked so that no one barges in on their little sexcapades, not that any of us would dare." She said, as I frowned. "Girlfriend." It sounded worse rolling off my tongue than in my head. After what we had done last night, the last thing I'd expect him to have was a girlfriend. Well, it wasn't a wife but it hurt just as bad. "Oh okay." I said nodding as I turned and walked back to my office where Jasmine followed.

***

"So, do you remember how to work the phone lines?" "Yes, answer, extension, transfer. I still have to print out a list of the extension numbers." She nodded. "And emails?" "Every email sent should have the company's letterhead on it. The template is being downloaded as we speak."

"Hm, okay. I think you're ready." She said, exiting my office. Thirty minutes later and I have yet to get a call. Since boredom would soon be the death of me, and I was on the verge of gouging my eyes out, I decided to google my boss. It typed his first and last name into the search engine box and clicked on the blue box.

Did you mean: Harem Elijah Demage

I didn't even know he had a middle name.

"Edgy bachelor, the tattooed business tycoon Harem Demage poses with smiling sloth after donating fifty thousand dollars to protect the endangered species."

I scrolled past a bunch of writing to see the picture.

I smiled a little bit at the image and then rolled my eyes

I smiled a little bit at the image and then rolled my eyes. Why'd he have to be so..good looking, and irresistible. It made it harder for me to hate him. There was also a video, an interview style video with Harem sitting with the sloth. "How was the shoot?"

"Awesome, I'll take this little guy over any vixen, any day. His name is Swift." I'm not even gonna lie, that made me giggle. Oh the irony. "I didn't even know he was smiling until Hubert showed me the shots. I didn't even know sloths could smile."

"I mean, you're the Harem Demage, donating a whopping fifty grand to protect the species, that's something to smile about man." Harem waved him off humbly. "Pardon me for my ignorance, but I had no clue that they were endangered. Out of the blue, I received a call from my nephew Drayton, in the middle of a meeting I must add, along with a photo of a news paper article for a homework assignment. His breathing is hard, he's frantic, and before I can even get a word out he goes 'uncle Eli, uncle Eli. We gotta do something.' And I'll do anything to keep that little boy happy. So, here I am."

How. Freaking. Cute. It's seemed as if he did have a heart, buried under all that hate. I exited out of the site, cleared my history, and tried to get as much work done as possible. I was literally bored out of my mind and it seemed as it mf working would be the only past time. Scheduling meetings, preparing flash cards for his conferences, and I even took on the task of clearing out his inbox of unimportant emails, just to get my mind off of this girlfriend. I spun around in my chair and sighed. I heard my office phone ring, startling me. I quickly answered it with, "Demage Inc, Aryn speaking, how may I help you." I said, putting on my most proper and perky voice. "What's good at the cafe up the street?" I rolled my eyes, thinking I had a real call, but it was just my boss from hell. But, I was somewhat shocked that he even wanted to take my opinion into consideration, but mostly because he wasn't too sadity to eat food from a little cafe. "Um," I tapped my pen against my cheek. "Their salads are good, their chicken noodle soup is really good, oh, they have the best sandwiches, their ciabatta panini burger is am-a-zing ."

"Well I'll have two of those... uh, burgers, mozzarella cheese on one, no cheese on the other, a peach Sunkist, and a bottle of water. I'll call when I'm ready." "What about con-" I was cut off by the dial tone. I rolled my eyes harder than ever. He needed my opinion to feed his little skank, but she looked like she only ate low-fat grass, and if that was his type, I don't know why the hell he was interested in me. I felt my face form into a frown. Here I was, badmouthing this woman, whom I didn't even know, over a rumor pertaining a man that wasn't even mine. Get it together, Aryn. I wasn't here to find love, I was here to work and make enough money to get out of this bastards house. I didn't want to live up under Harem any longer than I'd have to, now knowing what a dog he was. Hmm, peach Sunkist. His skank has good taste, that's my favorite soda. I chuckled to myself, after making sure the phone was hung up.

"What the fuck am I talking about." I face palmed. This man isn't even worried about me, and here I am about to pull my hair out because he's locked in his office with some woman. I was drawn out of my thoughts by a knock on the wall. "Nice to see you're "working." I would like my food now." Harem spoke, handing me his card, and making quotes with his fingers around the word working. "Okay sir." I responded keeping my head down. "Ms.Drew, what's bothering you?" He asked, as if he could see right through my act of toughness. I looked up to see his girlfriend a few feet away, talking to a very annoyed looking Jasmine. "Nothing is bothering me, I'm fine sir." I mumbled my lie while grabbing my phone. "Ms.Drew-" "I'm fine." I answered, gently pushing past him and out of the office to go get his food that I had already called and ordered.

***

"Thank you Mr.Joe." I said grabbing my bag of food and Mr.Demage's card. "No problem pumpkin." I waved at him before closing the door and walking back to Demage Inc. I took the elevator back to my floor and walked back to my office to see Harem in one of my chairs and the woman nowhere in sight. "So, are you going to tell me what's wrong? Or continue to be childish?" He asked, pulling up on of my chairs. "Continue to be childish." I said as I passed him the bag. "Wrong answer. Talk." He retorted, handing me the other sandwich & the peach sunkist. So it wasn't to feed his skank?

"I saw your little girlfriend." I blurted out, distastefully. "She's cute." He smirked. "Isn't she." He retorted, making me scoff. "Eat." He demanded, calmly, and I shook my head. "Not hungry." My lie was exposed by a growl from my stomach. "Eat." I rolled my eyes extra hard, knowing he saw it, as I unwrapped my sandwich, taking a bite and moaning at the taste. I noticed him clear his throat and shift in his seat a bit. I took another bite, this time moaning on purpose, and also because the sandwich was just so good.

"Aryn, stop it." He demanded sternly, as if he was my father. "Stop what?" I asked innocently, wiping my mouth with a napkin. He sprang up out of his seat, and grabbed my jaw making me face him and making sure I heard every word he said loud and clear. "Stop testing me before I bend you over this desk and fuck you into oblivion. Do you understand?" I could feel my eyes widen and my panties getting wet. "Y-yes."

"Yes what." He prodded. "Yes, s-sir." I cleared my throat, and repeated myself. "Yes sir." After letting go of my jaw he adjusted his tie and sat back down and proceeded to eat, as if nothing happened. "I-um we-" I stumbled over my words, still stunned. "Spit it out." He taunted with a devilish smirk on his fade. "Um, where are you from?" I asked, trying to spark up a little conversation and get these dirty thoughts out of my head. He wiped the corners of his mouth. "My family is from a small city in Italy. I don't expect you to know what it is. But I was born here." He simply said. "Cool, my mom was Barbadian and I'm not sure what my dad was."

"Was?" I wiped my mouth with a napkin before answering him again. "Yeah, my mom passed away when I was little and I never knew my dad."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I looked up to see him finishing the last of his sandwich. I gave him a nod, wrapping up the rest of my sandwich and placing it back in the bag to be thrown away. I hated to waste food, whether I payed for it or not, but I just didn't have much of an appetite anymore and these sandwiches were never good reheated. "I hate to say it, but that wasn't terrible." He said standing up, grabbing all of our trash.

"And Ms. Drew," I looked up. ", for the record, I'm into black women. And black women only." He said he before tossing our trash in the waste basket and shutting the door behind him.

Song: Ar'mon & Trey x Breakdown