Ch.8 ~ Just don't lie.

Ross' POV

On the plane ride to Louisiana, I shoved earphones in my ear. 

Immediately, Chasing the Beat of My Heart blared. 

I'm coming home, and I'm coming to you. Chasing the beat of my Heart. Heading for all that I know. Chasing the Beat of My heart. 

Suddenly, I was filled anguish and anger.

Who had hit Laura, and why? What if she woke up and didn't remember me? 

Wouldn't that be better? She wouldn't remember all the shitty things you've done said a tiny tiny part of me. A tiny part of me that I hated, but still a part of me.

Suddenly, Rydel tapped my arm.  "Ross, can you promise me one thing?" 

I raised an eyebrow "It depends." 

"Don't be too harsh on Laura. You really hurt her in the last couple of weeks. She says you've changed. And I agree. I want my baby brother back."

"You guys really shouldn't have been talking about me behind my back. And I haven't changed. It's called growing up." I snapped.

She rolled her eyes, "That's exactly what I was talking about."

I winced, "sorry".

She nodded and fell asleep. But as she was sleeping, I noticed her phone jutting out of her pocket. Guiltily, I pulled it out and entered her combo. Now you're probably wondering how I have her combo. Let's just say Delly (Rydel) isn't the best at hiding her password.

Immediately, I clicked on messages and scrolled till my finger on landed on Laura's name. Perfect. 

Most of the messages just went like:

Rydel: Hey

Laura: Hey

Rydel: How are you, darling?

Laura: I'm good! How about you?

Rydel: pretty good.

But then I saw something interesting. Looking at the date, I realized that was the day after Laura had sent me that  message.

Rydel: How are you, love?

Laura: Not too great.

Rydel: Aww, what's wrong?

Laura: Promise you won't tell Ross?

What the hell?

Laura: I think you're brother is avoiding me...

Rydel: Why would he do that? He loves youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Laura: He obviously doesn't.......

Rydel: Sweetie, I know my brother. He does still like you, but he feels rejected. Trust me, Ross had never been rejected in his whole life, until you sauntered over.

Laura: It doesn't matter anymore. I'm officially over him.

Before I could finish whatever else Laura had written, Rydel stirred. I immediately  dropped her phone back into her pocket and pretended to be deeply interested in my phone.

She's officially over me? Wait, she liked me. What? But she always insisted she didn't. Why wouldn't Rydel tell me? Millions of questions circled thorugh my brain. I really should have answered to that message...