Tri

The bar is still relatively empty when we arrive, but the music is deafening and vibrates through the floor and bounces off the flyer covered walls. We find a table towards the far corner of the room, as far away from the speakers as possible, and settle down each with a drink in hand.

"Hey guys, as you know, Halloween is fast approaching." I begin speaking to the small group of 6, all of which were well on the way to becoming drunk.

Tom and Dave are your typical university boys, big sport enthusiasts and even bigger party animals. How they get their coursework done I have no idea. Both are tall bulky lads and have blonde hair. Dave has his shaved short and has chocolate brown eyes. Tom on the other hand has deep blue eyes half hidden by a mop of soft curls.

Even though they are boys, they both have a unique flare for the outrageous and flamboyant when it comes to decorating. Last years chance of letting them loose and giving them free reign to decorate the bar was a complete and shocking success.

Rachel and Liz are close friends but complete opposite in looks. Rachel is tall, brunette, hazel eyes and curvy, whereas Liz is of average height, poker straight red hair and turquoise eyes. Both have an amazing ability to get what they want from whoever they want it from. They are the best people to have on your side when arranging any sort of party

"The students union bar has agreed to host the party, including DJ. Emmy, have you worked out the costing of tickets yet?"

"Um, yea, I'm thinking £5 per ticket... if we could somehow arrange food, we could charge slightly more, therefore increasing our profit margins and hopefully make the Christmas Ball even better." Emmy explains excitedly.

"YES!!!!" Tom and Dave chorus loudly performing a high school fist bump.

Rachel and Liz - the last two of our commitee group- silently roll their eyes at their immaturity.

"Okay, Rach, Liz, can you speak to the bar manager and see what deals you can come up with.. cheap is good.. free is soo much better!" I say and they nod their heads in agreement and clink their blue alcoholic drink bottles together.

"Right, Tom and Dave, can you organise the decorating of the bar? Find out what we can and can't do and set about making the banners and stuff. Fancy dress will be mandatory so the place needs to be as amazingly spooky as possible." I ask, putting the last piece of the major planning into motion.

Turning to the center of the table, I pick up my glass of vodka and cranberry and take a big drink." Emmy and myself will make the layout of the tickets and flyers and distribute them around campus. Shall we meet again next week to see how plans are going? Any other questions or have I missed anything??" I ask, pulling the meeting to a close. The group shakes their heads in answer, picking up their drinks and getting up the meeting has officially ended. Everyone stands and dissappear into the growing crowd of intoxicated students.

Emmy and I make our own way towards the bar to order more beverages. After a few more vodka and cranberrys, Emmy leans in close to my ear, to be heard over the thumping base of the music, and loudly yells "Hey Kali, don't look now, but I think you've scored!!"

Like the complete and utter moron that I am, I immediately turn to follow Emmys gaze. As soon as I do, my eyes lock onto a strangely haunting pair of dark eyes. The foreboding stare belongs to a eerie looking guy wearing a outfit mostly consisting of black and standing in the darkest corner of the bar-next to the outdated jukebox.

Unable to look away, everything appears to pause. The surrounding noise of dance music and rowdy chatter seem to dissappear, leaving me completely immersed and drowning in the darkest depths of his eyes. An overbearing feeling of dread settles into the bottom of my chest. Struggling to try and maintain a sense of reality, I attempt to focus on my breathing. In, out. In, out. I am totally unable to break eye contact with this stranger. Falling and falling, I hear him whisper my name like a gentle lullaby, beckoning me further and further into the dark murky depths.....