Pedwar

The beat of the music drums loudly in my chest keeping up a steady rhythm. The muffled conversations of the fellow party goers is hard to be heard over the shriek like vocals of the lead singer. The people around me bounce up and down in time with the music, waving their arms and splashing their drinks uncaring to the sticky floor covering below.

'Kailssssaaaa!'

I halt my movements at the sound of my name, turning in every direction to find the source.

'Kalissssssaaaa!' My full name, elongated in a snake like manor, hushed yet perfectly clear, I conclude the person has to be close. A dark shadow in the corner of the dance floor catches my eye.

'Kalissssaaa, come to me.......'

~_~_~_~_~_

Featherlight caresses to my bare shoulder, wake me from my slumber and I can't help the smile that speads across my face and lazily I roll over onto my back. "Good morning Sunshine!" Connor greets me with his jaw dropping smile. Lowering his head down, his butterfly kisses continue down my neck and toward my collarbone.

"Good morning to you too babe!" I reach up and circle my arms around his neck tugging playfully at his hair, while raising my uncovered chest up to meet his kisses.

"Hungry??" He asks with a cheeky knowing grin, which immediately has me blushing crimson.

"Um, coffee?" I ask trying to clear my unpure thoughts.

"Sure thing babe!!!" Connor places a brief yet tender kiss on my forehead before rolling completely over me squashing me further into the soft mattress and exiting the bed on the opposite side. "Oh, yea, I was wondering if you needed a hand with packing up the rest of your stuff this morning?"

Shit!! Now im fully awake!

Connor catches me totally unprepared. Today was the day I had agreed to moving in with Connor. How did I manage to forget this minute detail? Connor had asked me at the beginning of our the second year and again at the end of spring semester. We had agreed to wait until our final year, mainly to pacify my parents, who hold very firm beliefs about living out of wedlock. But truthfully, I couldnt wait to move in with him. I've been in love with Connor since we met back in our first year.

¤¤¤¤¤

It was at one of the 'Welcome to Uni' parties that acted as a way for newbies to meet other newbies. Emmy and I had enjoyed one too many of the complementary shots on offer and were merrily dancing like crazy to some in house band. Just as I'm midway through a series of bounces, I collide with a firm yet lean torso. Completely embarrassed at my clumsiness, I drop my gaze to the floor and mutter a half assed apology before trying to escape to the bar. Ever so gently, a finger is placed under my chin and lifts my face. It is at that point I realise I don't stand a chance.... Looking down at me are the most deliciously inviting deep brown eyes I have ever seen. Hidden slightly by a mass of rich dark curls. The music and people around us seems to fade away. At a loss for words, I attempt a small smile and am instantly rewarded with a panty dropping grin with the cutest little dimple just left of this guys lips. However this was no fairytale meeting and as fate has it, our 'moment' was rudely interrupted by Emmy falling into me and the contents of my glass spilling all over Mr Hottie!!!

I was now about ready to run for the hills and spend the next 3 years hibernating in the library, when this guys lets out a laugh that has my lower stomach clenching in appreciation. "You're gonna need a refill, and hows about you buy me one as an apology?" If I wasnt so mesmerised by this guys eyes and smile, I would've told him to buy his own. But then again, im so glad I did!!! Two years later, Connor and I are better than ever and ready to 'live in sin'.