Dau

We arrive to our assigned room time just as other students are filing into the bland and dull room. Making our way up the steps, we find seats on the far right of the room, next to the window as even more people squeeze into the now overly cramped space. Connor nabs the window seat with me siting next to him and Emmy on my right. Emmy shoots Connor a discouraging look. Throughout our time as friends, its been an unspoken kind of tradition, emma sits by the window. Looks like Connor is making a stand as he smirks back at her.

Settling in our seats, a booming voice startles us into silence. Looking down the rows of seats, towards the front of the room, a blonde tall and very broad man commands the small platform on which he stands.

"Good morning and welcome to Sociology 3. I'm John Evans, or John to you, and I'll be your head of year for this final chapter of your lives."

The room erupts into a blend of groans, squeals and laughter. John continues to drone on about the importance of this year and how we must strive for excellence in all that we do. I take this as my opportunity to study the students around me who will be apart of my final year.

In the ocean of faces, I recognise some of the students from last year, although there are now a number of additions. Making my way around the cramped hall, I encounter a pair of crisp blue eyes looking straight back at me. I drop my gaze momentarily before looking back again, and surprisingly, the guy is now smiling widely at me. I feel Emmy nudge me in my side, I look at her expectantly and she nods her head towards Connor. I turn around to see he has been watching the exchange between me and the nameless guy a few rows back. I flash Connor the sweetest smile I can conjure and squeeze his hand tightly. Connor looks back at the guy and possessively wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me even closer to his side. All I can think of at that moment is great, possessive Connor is adorable but sooo not good!!

The day, and the rest of the week continued to drag on uneventfully in a blur of meet and greets . Each lecturer re iterating what has been said previously and the importance of hard work, dedication and the need for excellence, blah blah blah!!!

Being part of the social commitee for the previous two years, I was eager to get back into the role and begin planning the years Halloween party and Christmas Ball. Emmy and myself had been re elected as social chair and treasurer respectively. Over the summer break, we had come up with a number of thoughts and ideas regarding themes. Halloween was coming up fast and there was so much planning and implementing left to do. A meeting had been arranged for Friday afternoon in the social club on campus, with the thought that members would more likely turn up if it had a bar!

In What We Believeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें