Pump

Turning right at the top of the staircase, we head across the landing and into my bedroom. As we walk through the doorway, I quickly spin around and reach up, pulling Connor's shocked but bemused lips down to meet mine. Connor drops the cardboard boxes he carried from the car to his feet and pushes them towards the middle of the room with his foot. Extending one of his arms behind his back, he silently pushes the door closed before sliding the latch across locking it. The other arm circles around my waist spinning us once again, never breaking our intense kiss, my back is now up against the door with my arms locked around his neck. Connor's soft yet strong hands hold both sides of my face, gently rubbing the pad of his thumb over my cheekbones. Easing out of the kiss to take a much needed breath, we rest our foreheads together.

"God, you are beautiful!" Connor exhales huskily. Closing my eyes, I drop my head and rest my forehead against his lean chest and while Connor continues to hold my face.

"Liar." I answer back quietly, hiding my embarrassment.

Never being the most popular of girls in high school, my ability to accept complements is non existant and so I learnt to counter them by calling them liars.

"Thank you, for downstairs." I whisper, changing the topic before Connor starts on my self esteem issues. Connor trails his hands down my neck over my shoulders and down my arms, leaving a tingling path wherever his fingertips touch.

Squeezing my hands ever so gently before wrapping his arms around my waist, Connor replies "Babe, its okay. Your mam looked about ready to open the flood gates and I know how much her being upset upsets you. And anyway, you know I can't drink a cup of tea without a cookie!!"

This has me smiling, and before I can say anything else Connor adds "And I'm not a Liar!"

It's amazing how much Connor knows me and my family. He knows exactly how to lighten the mood and does not miss a thing, even when I try and change topics! I knew there was a reason why I loved him completely.

"Come on then, lets make a start on all your junk." Connor says while taking a step back and picking up one of the discarded boxes.

"Yes, Sir," I salute him. I make my way towards my desk which is situated in the far corner of the room next to the window. I begin placing my old coursework and textbooks into the large brown box, while Connor stands on the opposite side of the room packing my cds and dvds from their home on my shelving unit.

"Oh my God Kali, how many chick-flicks do you have? Im sure they all have the same ending- boy gets his girl- yadda yadda, bleh bleh bleh!" Connor groans and imitates a gagging sound.

"That's so not the point Con's, it's about their journey, the obsticles they have to get over and how it all comes together in the end to get their happily ever after." I explain. I have a huge addiction to romance stories whether its a book or dvd!

"Hmm, yeah whatever. Do you really need to bring then all? You can leave some here. You know, like, where's all the action films or the horror films?" He complains.

"Action films are all the same Babe. Goodies verses Baddies- oh and guess what- the Goodies beat the Baddies! After causing a huge amount of damage to the city, where no one raises an eyebrow at grown men with guns running around the streets."

"Oh, oh, oh. Hold on a minute.. Wait.. Wait... Umm... Honey?" Connor starts in a sickly sweet voice and turns to face me. Fudgesticks, I know whats coming....

"It's soooo not the point, it's about the journey and the obsticles they overcome and how..." Connor doesn't get to finish his mockery, as I throw a cushion from my bed at him which has us laughing.