Chapter 4

Edited

Chapter 4

Dylan’s P.O.V

Noah and Jack started to drag me out to the woods. I shook with anger, not because my mate wasn’t going to tell me what’s wrong but the fact that someone laid a hand on her. I shifted into my black wolf. One thing about werewolves they are very protective over their mates. I ran free in the woods letting the cool air go through my fur.

                I just couldn’t get the look of fear and sadness that was on Val’s had in her face. That made me runs faster. Someone hurting my baby just didn’t fly with me. I pushed my four legs till they collapsed. I sat there laying on the dirty ground when Jack came up in his grey wolf.

I know, Jack said through mind link.

Know what? I asked back.

Val is your mate.

Yeah. How do you know?

When you grabbed her arm and for me since I know you good cuz I’m your beta and we are best friends, he shouted the word best, when you first met her.

Oh.

Yeah now let’s get back.

                I nodded and followed him up to the school.  I went behind a tree and shifted into my human form. I slid on my dark blue jeans and green t shirt. My boys and I walked through the silent halls like we owned it.

                I opened the door to the sweet smell of my mate, lemons and peaches. Kind of weird smells but with her they smell amazing. I looked over to see her in a big black sweatshirt. Our eyes connected and I saw her eyes go wide. Her eyes are the most beautiful-

                “Mr. Dylan why are you late?” my stupid college math teacher demanded.

                “I was busy,” I said walked over to Val. 

                “Well I hope you aren’t busy tonight because you have detention,” she said.  I rolled my eyes and took a seat next to Val. I inhaled her sent and calmed down. Ahhh, my mate. 

VALARIE’S P.O.V

                I walked up the steps of my home. This wasn’t my home this was a torture place. I shook my head and limped my way into the house. I saw my dad still passed out on the couch. I shook my head and went into the kitchen to get dinner ready. Once dinner was ready my dad was still passed out on the couch. I pressed my lips together. I took a deep breath and went up to my room to do homework.

                An hour later I finally finished my homework.  I walked down stairs to find my dad gone and dinner gone. I guess he went out. I grabbed my black coat and flashlight. I started to walk to the woods when I got the feeling I was being watched. I turned around and did a circle but didn’t see anyone. I took a deep breath. Calm down Val. The voice inside my head said. Ok, I’m officially going crazy. As I walked along the forest green floor I heard a wolf howl. It sent shivers up my spine but somehow it made me feel warm and tingly inside. I heard some leaves crunch under somebody’s feet. I froze.  

                “Hello?” I asked. I heard the footsteps again I spun around to see Storm. He had amusement in his eyes. “Storm?” I slowly walked to hm. I put my hand on his head and stared to pet him. “So I get to see you again.” My breath started to come fast. “Stormy I need your help. My dad, he’s back. My friends. What am I supposed to do?” I sobbed, “I feel so confused. He’s going to try to hurt them. I know it!” I sat down and leaned against him. Crying like I’ve never cried before.