Chapter 8

Edited :)

Chapter 8        

“Well sweetie you can go home today,” said the nurse. I grinned remembering that I get to live with Dylan for a while. “Can I ask you something?”

                “Go right ahead,” I told her with a nod of my head.

                “Did your dad really do that to you?” she asked. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. “Why?”

                “Honestly I don’t know,” I told her. “Ever since my mom died he has been beating me.” I can’t believe I just admitted it. I’m so screwed.  He is going to kill then-

                “Oh,” Her brilliant response is.

                “Yeah,” I said. Now there is an awkward silence as she took the needle out of my stomach. I bit my lip so I didn’t flinch.

                “You should go to the police,” she told me.

                “I’ve thought about it. But what if they don’t find him guilty?” Here a better question what will happen to me when they let him go?

                “Good point but you should still try.” I just nodded my head. I didn’t want to argue. I wanted to sleep like there is no tomorrow. I rested my head on my pillow when I saw Corrine, Carly, and Dylan walk in.

                “Well we already have all of the papers signed so you can come with us,” Corrine said with a smile on her pale face. I smiled back at her. I slowly sat up. It is hard because of my ribs, there still sore.

                “Val should not be out of bed for a whole week,” the nurse started talking to Corrine. They talked for a while. Carly stayed behind her mom’s legs. Dylan looked over at me with a small smile and walked over to me. He sat on the edge of the bed.

                “So are you excited?” He asked.

                “Honestly yeah,” I told him. I slowly got out of bed. Dylan argued about carrying me but I won so he didn’t carry me. We made our way through the hospital. Corrine already had her car pulled up to the entrance so we didn’t have to walk very far. The sun is bright against my eyes. Almost blinding. Havn’t been outside in a while.

                Dylan helped me into the car. Carly and I sat in the back while Dylan and Corrine sat in front. The ride to their home is quiet but not awkward. Corrine kept looking back at me but Dylan kept his eyes on me the whole ride. I felt different, out of place but still wanted.

                Once we pulled up to the house I smiled. I needed to sleep, badly. That’s all I ever wanted. I felt my eye lids slowly closing but I forced them open. The sun was no help for my eyes.  

                “Earth to Val,” I heard Dylan say.

                “What?” I asked. My head turned to the slide, so I looked like a confused puppy.

                “I asked if you were going to go to bed or if you’re hungry?” he asked.

                “Sleepy,” I said before letting out a long yawn. He laughed then helped me out of the car. He carried me into a cream colored room. There is a king size bed in the middle, I didn’t even know they made beds that big. Isn’t it lonely? The floor is clean, surprisingly. I’ve always heard that boy’s rooms are messy. The room looked nice and comfy. I looked up at Dylan to see that he was already looking at me.

                “Val?” He asked looking straight in my eyes. I felt like I couldn’t turn away from his eyes. His beautiful eyes. Eyes that look like Storms, a voice in the back of my head reminded me.

                “W-what?” I asked, my voice coming out shaky.

                “Is it all right if,” he stopped then looked around the room, “I know we are not boyfriend and girlfriend yet but can we cuddle?” 

                I slowly shook my head yes. He smiled at me before putting me down on a white spiny chair I didn’t see before. My eye brows raised. He walked over to my new bed and pulled the covers off. He walked back over to me and picked me up bridal style like I didn’t weigh a thing then put me down on the comfy, puffy bed.

                Dylan pulled the covers up before walking to the other side. He looked at me and grinned. He slowly teasingly took off his shirt showing his amazing eight pack. His eyes never left mine but mine left his. I looked at his abs. They are just so prefect. I look back up at his to see a one million dollar smirk on his lips.

                “Are you sure it’s ok to cuddle?” he asked not looking sure of himself. Oh man, he doesn’t want to cuddle. I bet he wishes he never said that. I mean he could have a princess in his bed with those looks but he has me. Why me?

                “Y-you don’t have to i-if yo-you don’t want to-to,” I said tripping over my words.

                “You think I don’t want to be with you?” he asked looking surprised.

                “Oh w-well-” I started but he cut me off.

                “Valarie, I want you, no I need you. When you were in the hospital I cried myself to sleep. You’re the best person to ever walk the earth. Your beautiful, nice, funny, shy, delicate, and most of all loveable. Val I think I’m in love with you,” he said. He stood there with no shirt on looking at me with hopeful eyes.

                “B-but why me?” I asked.

                “Do you want to repeat what I just said because I will for you,” he said. His words made my heart fly, butterflies in my stomach.

                “Just get in the bed,” I heard a girl voice say from the doorway. I looked over and saw Carly. She winked at me before leaving. Dylan climbed in bed. He put an arm around me pulling me into his warm bare chest. I nested my face on his in his chest.

                “You know you could be my cuddle buddy,” Dylan whisper in my ear before I fell into deep warm peaceful sleep.

thx for reading!!

COMMENT

VOTE
FAN

<3