Chapter 1

This chappie is EDITED!! Slowly editing everything...

Chapter One     

I sat on the floor, cleaning up my dad’s mess again. I sighed but kept picking up the glass. My father had come home late last night from a bar, in our new town; he beat me until I blacked out. I shivered at the memory. What made it worse is I have school tomorrow. Looking over at my dad’s sleeping form, I felt tears come to my eyes. I pushed them away and kept cleaning.

                ‘BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!’ My alarm clock rang its annoying tone. I quickly turned it off not wanting to wake up my dad. Then I took a cold shower, the only kind of shower I am aloud to take. After I got out I combed my blond, medium, length hair then I pulled it into a pony tail. I put my dark blue boot cut jeans with a white and black stripped long sleeve shirt on. Then I slipped on my black converse.

                I walked down to the kitchen, cooked my dad’s eggs and then put them on a plate. I put the plate on the coffee table in front of my father.  Then I went back to the kitchen and grabbed an apple for me. I started my long walk to my new school. We had to move because people were starting to question my bruises and my dad hit me in the middle of a crowded store. After getting halfway there I tripped and fell into the ditch. I had to bite my lip so I didn’t scream.  Looking down I saw a hole in my only hole free pants.

                “Dang it,” I whispered under my breath. I pressed my lips together. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out, through my nose trying to ignore the pain. I started walking again. When I got to school most people were already there. I looked around to see three shiny cars that stood out. I didn’t know much about cars but I knew they were expensive.

                I started my undirected walk to the office, which I knew I was going to have a hard time finding because I suck at directions. For example my dad put me in the middle of the woods and it took me three days to find my way out and when I did my dad was waiting there with a beating. I shook my head trying to get rid of that memory. I looked up at the huge school one more time before walking in.

                I walked down the halls hearing people whispering things about me. Nothing I wasn’t use to. I knew they couldn’t see any bruises because I had covered them all. I turned around a corner trying to get away from them but I ran into wall-I mean someone. Their muscular arms snaked around my waist so I didn’t fall. I let out a tiny scream when his hand touched one of the many bruise on my back.

                “I’m so sorry,” I said looking up while biting my lip. There stood in front of me is a Greek god. He is amazingly hot and that’s an understatement. He has long brown hair that goes to his eye brow making his blue eyes pop. He smirked knowing I was checking him out. I blushed and looked down at the ground. He laughed and his voice sent me into seventh heaven. I looked back at him.

                “Hey,” he said flipping his brow hair to the side. I felt my knees go weak. Stupid floppy hair.

                “H-h-hi,” I said my voice coming out wobbly. This is not good if dad finds out he will kill me. I took a deep breath.

                “What’s your name?” The boy asked. I wanted to listen to his voice all day. No, no you can’t Val. He is just another boy.

                “Valarie,” I said with confidence, “What is your?”

                “Dylan,” he said. He pulled me closer to him. That’s when I remembered that his arms were still around me.