6

I park my car in front of my house. I'm too lazy to park it in the garage. I'm exhausted and I need some rest. Thanks God, tomorrow I'm free. I see someone stands in front of my door. I step out from my car and approach him.

"Pete?"

He turns his body and Pete grabs my arms immediately.

"Are you okay? Did something bad happened to you?" He asks worriedly.

"No, I'm fine Pete. Why are you so worried?"

"You didn't answered my calls and replied my texts,"

"What? Wait," I open my bag and looking for my phone.

"Oh God. Sorry Pete, I think I left my phone in my room," I say.

"Where have you been before?" His voice is soften now.

"Well, after class I visited Zach at the hospital. He had a car accident this morning and he broke his right arm,"

His face drops. His expression changes from worried to dissapointed and sad.

"Oh. Zach," he says weakly. He takes a deep breath and relases it. Takes a deep breath and relases it.

"I'm leaving. You look tired," he says.

"Hey, why are you leaving so soon? Let's get inside and talk,"

"I already waiting for you here for two hours," he says before goes to his house. Two hours?

"Pete... Peter..." he keeps walking and slams his front door. What's wrong with him? Waiting for me to go home in a navy button-up, black jeans and his favorite black puma shoes. I get inside, go straight to my room, throw my back and files on my table and take a quick shower. I dry my body, get change and check my phone. 11 missed calls and 8 unread messages from the one and only Pete.

5:01 Don't forget about our dinner tonight. I'll pick you up at 7. Just wear something comfortable for you, kay?

Crap!

6:55 Hey, why didn't you answered my call?
7:03 I'm outside
7:18 Are you at home?
7:34 Val, where are you?
8:18 Valerie Olsen, you scared me. What happened to you?
8:30 Val, answer my call please
9:12 Where are you? You make me worried

I throw my phone on my bed and run to Pete's house. I knock the door and he opens the door slowly. He stares at me blankly, but I can see that he's really dissapointed.

"Pete, we need to talk," I say. He doesn't say any word. He steps into the house and I follow him behind. He sits on the couch and I sit right beside him. But he keeps a distance from me. I understand that Pete. I understand why you do that.

"Pete, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I forgot our dinner. I'm sorry..."

"It's okay. I know you already found someone new. I understand," he cuts me off.

"Pete,"

"I'm right, right? You leave me when you found someone new. He'll replace me," Pete says in high tone, anger tone exactly.

"Pete, it isn't like that. It isn't like what you think. I know I made a mistake. I know and I realize it, so..."

"You chose him over me," he snaps.

"Pete,"

"Leave," he says sharply.

"What? I haven't done yet," I protest.

"I said leave," he says.

"Please listen to me," I plead.

"You know where exactly the front door," he says before bursts into his room and slams the door. I put my head in my hands and regret everything. I walk to my house slowly. I really feel guilty for Pete. How can I forget our dinner? I'm a fool. Such a fool.