4

PETE'S POV
"Peter!" Pat shouts.

"A minute," I shout. I wear my black shirt in a hurry and looking for my lil sis.

"What?" I ask. She's in the kitchen, makes some choco cookies.

"Can you empty the trash for me? Please," she gives me her best puppy eyes.

"Lazy," I say while grabbing the huge plastic bag.

"Thankyou my lovely handsome one and only big brother," she says cheerfully. I headed to the porch and see Val is talking to a guy. I open the trash bin and slam the plastic bag. They look at me. Val gives me a smile meanwhile the guy she talked to glares at me. I come towards them and give Val a warm hug.

"Morning princess," I say sweetly.

"Morning Pete," she says while hugging me back. We pull off and the guy keeps his eyes on me. I look at him and smile.

"Pete, this is Zach. Zach, this is Pete," Val introduces us. Ah, so this is the maniac? I gives him my hand and he shakes it a little bit hard.

"Nice to meet you Zach," I say.

"Nice to meet you too," he says. I hate the way he looks at Val. I know he likes her so so much and I hate that.

"Let's go," he says while holding her hand. Shit! Val looks at him then looks at me awkwardly.

"Okay. I'm sorry Pete, but I must go to the campus now. So see you then," she says with a beautiful smile appears from her pink lips that I've ever tasted once. I caress her cheek and say, "Be careful princess," then look at Zach who seems so fed up with our closeness. I'm happy to see it. Val gives me one last smile before gets into the car with Zach. I wave her a goodbye before go back to my house.

VAL'S POV
"Who is he?" Zach asks.

"I think I already introduced you both,"

"I mean, what is his status for you?"

"Are you jealous?" I tease him and let out a laugh.

"Forget it,"

"He's my neighbor, my bestfriend, my brother," I say.

"You like him?" His question makes me startled.

"No," I say quietly. It's the truth or lie I don't know.

"Really?"

"Hmm," I mumble. My hands start sweating and I start thinking about Pete. Why am I like this? I turn on the audio and let the music blasts into the car. Zach parks his ferrari at his usual spot. The spot that no one would parks their car there. He opens the door for me and holds my hand while entering the hallway. Everyone looks at me and the girls start whispering. Well, I have become accustomed with that kind of look since I was in high school. Maybe it's my luck to hanging out and be friends with popular and handsome guys. But the bad luck was, I hurted by one of them once. Let's forget about that.

"Your last class ends at 2 right?" Zach asks.

"Yeah, but I have two hours extra class to prepare the math olympic. What about you?"

"My last class ends at 1, but I think I'll waiting for you,"

"No. Don't waste your three hours just to waiting for me to go home. You better go back to your mansion and do your homeworks,"

"But I want to. Besides, we came here together so we should go back together too," he says.

"Zach, you'll wait for three hours. Three fucking hours,"