5

I sit next to Zach and Pat sits next to her brother. Zach holds my hand and places it on his left thigh.

"Thanks for inviting me guys," Zach says happily. A sweet smile appears from his lips. Pete keep looking at our hands and I know he absolutely hates it so much. I try to pull off but Zach's grip is too tight.

Bzz... Bzz...

Zach's phone is buzzing. Praise the Lord! He lets go of my hand and receives the call.

"Hello. I'm at my friend's house. Why? Okay. Yeah. I'll be there. Okay. Bye," he says then hangs up.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"My mom. She said my grandpa is coming from Swiss tonight, so I should go home now. Sorry guys and thanks for the dinner. The dishes are awesome," he says while giving us two thumbs up.

"You're welcome Zach," Pat says.

"C'mon," I say while dragging Zach outside.

"See you next time," Zach waves them a goodbye. I accompany him to get his car which parked in front of my house.

"Be careful," I say.

"I will. I'll call you later, okay," he kisses my head before gets inside his car and goes home. I go back to Pete's and look for him.

"Where's Pete?" I ask Pat.

"At the backyard," she answers while focusing her vision to her phone. I go to the backyard and see him sitting on the grass. I come closer slowly-uncertainly. When I stand next to him, he gazes up at me and turns his head away. I sit next to him and hug my knees.

"Pete," I say softly.

"Hmm," he mumbles.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask worriedly.

"Why should I?" He asks simply.

"Huh?"

"You didn't made a mistake, so why should I mad at you?"

"Yeah, you're right," I say quietly. The cold air pricks my spine. I hug my knees tighter and start shivering. Shit. It's very cold outside and I just wear a thin blouse. Brilliant. Pete takes off his jacket and puts it on my shoulder. I look at him and a little smile appears on his lips.

"Thankyou," I say softly.

"Let's go inside," he says. He helps me to stand up and brings me inside. We're going to the living room and see a note from Pat.

I go to Naomi's house. I'll be back at 10 :)) -Pat

We sit on the couch and I'm still shivering. Pete goes to the kitchen and makes something. I hug my knees and rest my head on it. He comes back with a mug of something in his right hand.

"Drink it. It'll make you feel better," he says while handing me a mug full of hot chocolate with marshmallows.

"Thankyou," I say softly. I take a sip of it and it's absolutely makes me feel better and warmer. I put the mug on the table and reach for Pete's hand who's sitting on my right side.