Chapter 26: I Will Fight To Survive

~*Alexandria's P. O. V*~

It was finally Monday once again. First through fourth period seemed to breeze by. I was on my way to lunch when I decided to stop at my locker to put my spanish textbook in it. In the midst of twisting the combination on the lock, someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned my head slightly to see who it was. The sparkling blonde hair caught my attention instantly.

"Sam, what do you want?" I questioned, looking back at my locker as I pulled the small door open.

"I have a question," he said.

I ignored him and shoved my book into the locker. He stepped around me so he was standing in front of me. I shut and locked the door and as I began walking away, he grabbed my right arm. He turned it over, exposing the scars on it.

"Wow," I heard him mutter sarcastically before he dropped my wrist.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" I stammered, extremely displeased with his action.

"I could ask you the exact same question. Someone told me they thought they saw cuts on your arms, that was stupid of you to do. Just get fucking over it, Alexan. Whatever we had is gone. I'm done with you."

Before my thoughts fully processed, I slapped him across the face, hard. He stumbled back a bit and pressed his hand where I hit him. He stared at me with his sapphire eyes. When he removed his hand from his face, I could see a red mark forming across his left cheek.

"I hope you're happy you bitch," he said before he walked off.

I stood there in shock. Did he actually just say that? He would *NEVER* say something like that to me. What happened to him? Where is *MY* Sam? He wouldn't insult me for hurting myself nor would he ever call me a bitch. What happened to the Sam I fell in love with?

"Alex?" Someone asked.

I stopped my mental interrogation and realized Angelo and TJ were standing in front of me.

"Alex, why are you crying?" TJ wondered.

I touched my face, it was damp. Using the back of my hand, I dried off my cheeks and merely said,"Sam."

"What did he do? Where is he?" Angelo growled.

"Someone told him about my arms so he saw and she that it was stupid of me to do that so I slapped him. He said he hopes I'm happy and called me a bitch then walked off," I answered, a few single tears flowing.

As Angelo took me into his arms, TJ snarled,"I fucking hate that prick."

"Stop," Angelo whispered angrily toward him as he continued comforting me.

"What's going on?" Another mysterious person chimed in.

Angelo let me go and we both looked for the person. Chris and Ryan stood there with questioning looks.

"Alexandria, what's wrong?" Chris asked me.

He opened his arms up to me, I stepped into them and hugged him close, shutting my eyes to keep from crying more. One of them leaned toward him and muttered what happened into his ear, his hold on me tightening. After a few moments, a few clusters of foot steps clotted down the hall and exited the doors.

"It's only you and I now. They all went to the table," Chris murmured to me.

I pulled my face away from his chest and looked around, seeing Angelo, Ryan, and TJ had gone.

"Want to go join them or do you want to do something else?" He asked.

I buried my face back against his shirt, letting that be my answer. He nuzzled his face into my hair and kept my close in his embrace.