-Chapter Four-

-Chapter 4-

-Duke-

The next morning I was up before everyone else, already outside and teeming the hedges. The department makes me do certain things certain days so I never run out of stuff to do. I plan on getting today's work done early so I could spend the rest of today with Gemma and her mates, mainly Gemma. People started to appear in the front yard, and by people I meant girls. Loads of teenage girls.

They seemed to all be sporting shirts that said 1D. The fuck is a 1D? And what are they doing coming up to the door?

"Hello. Do you know Harry Styles?" Asked a girl around fifteen. She, like everyone else, has on a 1D shirt.

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"Is he here?" I don't believe that I should give out that type of information. Definitely not with a mob of teenage girls holding posters, sporting 1D shirts. She then added, "because we heard the boys were here."

"No, I'm sorry."

She pouted, and I felt kinda sorry, but I got over it. They soon dispersed out into the neighbourhood, eventually leaving eyesight. I finished clipping the hedges and placed the stuff into the garage before going back into the house.

"How the hell did you do it?" Harry asked, grabbing my shoulders as soon as I came into the kitchen. Everyone sat silently at the table, eating and watching perusual.

"Don't touch me." I said pushing him off. "And all I did was tell them you weren't here."

"You are a lifesaver. You literally have no idea what you just did." Niall said.

"Oh, okay." I said before leaving the kitchen to go upstairs and wash. After getting out the shower, I changed into my usual black skinny jeans that were rolled up, my Vans, and a black tank top that said 'DC' on the front in large white print. I actually brushed my black hair down and placed a black beanie over my head and I decided to wear my rings today.

I placed my lip ring and my nose ring in before walking downstairs. Gemma was at the bottom wearing a white, sleeveless, Peter Pan collared dress, and some sandals. She looked great.

"Hey princess. You look beautiful." I said to her. She blushed and smiled.

"Hi."

"Where do you think you're going?" Anne asked, interrupting everything.

"Oh, well, I'm taking this lovely daughter of yours on a date today." I said, not hesitating to put my arm around Gemma's waist. She smiled and leaned into me.

"Gemma, you know this is against our religion —"

"Anne, you are Christian, correct?" I asked.

"Yes, and?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, I don't know much about Christianity, as I am Catholic and believe in Catholicism, but I do know that Jesus, or God, loves all." I said. "And by all, I mean all. He created all. For life wouldn't exist without this God and his spirit on this Earth."

"Yes, that is true. But he made Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve." She spat.

"Yes. I believe the first part. He did make Adam and Eve. He also made Steve, Sara, Emily, Hunter, Joshua, Noah; he made us all. He places us all with family that he assumes we are most compatible with and he has made a partner for everyone. I —"

"But if two men lie together then —"

"Yes, yes. I know the Christian excuse for hating gays, lesbians, and bisexuals, but listen to what you're saying. Two men. What is one of those me are transgendered? Then what? Would you hate him because he was born with female parts but resembles the anatomy of a male? Let us use your son for example. Say Harry is born with the anatomy of a male, which he is, but the parts of a woman. Say Harry deosn't like females, he likes males. Would you hate him then? Would you disown your son because he like the other sex? But wait. Lets say he does like women. Then what? They can't have children. They both have the parts of a female." I said. "Thus proving your excuse is invalid. Have a nice day Ms. Styles."