-Chapter Three-

-Chapter Three-

-Gemma-

"The hell are you doing here?"

The next morning, I took it into my own hands and went back to the police station to check on Duke. She was sitting on a chair now after talking with a physician to help her. I just walked into the room and that's when she had sent me that cross look and asked me that rude question. I thought we were friends after our midnight talk but I guess not.

"I came to see if you were okay." I said quietly, going she would at least send me a smile.

She didn't.

She only scoffed and turned the other way, facing the wall. "Just leave."

"I don't want to."

"I didn't ask." She spat beck.

My patience is wearing thin. The attitude she gives off is really bringing out the worst in me.

"Get up." I commanded.

"No. I said —"

"I don't give a damn what you said, or what you're going to say! Get. Up."

She turned to me with a smirk and raised eyebrows, making my insides flutter at how adorable she looked, but I ignored it and kept on the straightest face I could muster up. I was surprised when she obliged and stood up, tall and lean.

"Alright. You win again." Duke had said. I smiled and nodded.

"I always do."

She just store at me with a smirk and we walked out of the holding room. After making it out to the car with poliece permission we discussed today's plans.

"Your mum is at our house." I said, resulting in a head bang on the window from her. "We can stay out all day, and as long as you're with one of us you don't have to wear that vest thing."

"Alright. So, where to princess?" She asked leaning over the arm rest from the passanger side, a smile on her face. I blushed at how close she was and watched as her smirk grew. "You have pretty eyes."

"My eyes are the colour of shit." I said.

She laughed loudly, throwing her head back. "Shit?"

"Yep. Green and brown, shit." I said.

"Well," she said rubbing her hand over my cheek, making my face heat up, "you have the prettiest, shit coloured eyes I've ever seen."

"Thanks. You have pretty eyes."

"Sure. Gray is such a beautiful colour." She said sarcastically.

"You really do! Now, put your seat belt on so we can go to the mall." I said, buckling my belt.

"I'm good. Lets just go."

"You have to put your seat belt on."

"No. Seat belts are stupid."

"They save life's."

"I don't have one."

And when it was silent and I had realized what she had said, I placed my hand over hers.

"Even though you're just a 'junkie' or whatever, I still care about you and —"

"Why would you w—"

"Just believe me. I do care."

I reached over her and pulled the seat belt over her chest and she laughed at me. She was so strange and mysterious. Her tattoos made no sense. She wore all black attire everyday, all day. But something about her made me interested. I've never had a crush on a girl before, but there is a first for everything.