-Chapther One-

Chapter One

"Community service? I'm not doing no fucking community service." I said walking out of the courthouse, four months later.

"Either that or you can stay here for six more months." Rod said to me as we went down the steps. This is bullshit. So I forgot my licenses and stuff at home. So what. We all do it.

"Whatever. Lets just get this shit started." I said placing an orange and yellow vest over my plaid shirt and tank top. The police dropped me off in one of the biggest neighbourhoods, in front of the biggest house.

"So I gotta do all the yard work for people I don't even know?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am."

I rolled my eyes and got out the car, stalking up the paved drive of the fancy house. I knocked on the door, and while I waited for it to open I sweeped my black hair up into a bun. It's too hot for it to be on my neck.

The door opened and there stood a family of four. A boy and a girl, around my age, and a pair of parents. The girl was smokin' hot. She had brownish-green cat eyes, and she wasn't petite, but not quite as tall as me. I'm 5'9, tall for a girl.

"Hello, you must be Victo—"

"Please, call me Duke." I said.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'm Anne, this is my fiancé Robin, and my kids, Gemma and Harry. I'm sure you may know Harry." The woman said.

"Why would I?" I asked.

"So you don't know who I am?" Said the lad I'm 'supposed to know', Harry.

"No. Why would I?" I asked again, raising an eyebrow.

They all exchanged a look before Anne said, “well, you should come in. It’s quite hot out.”

"Oh no. Office Fredrick said specifically not to enter the houses of the people I'm working for." I said. “I’m not going back to that hell hole for six more months.”

“You’ll burn up out there. I say you come in, and if someone asks then we’ll explain that we invited you in.” said Robin.

“Whatever,” I responded, rolling my eyes and walking into the home. I don't have time to deal with these people and their crap. I just want to get my work done and get the hell out of here.

“So, Duke, where are -”

“What do you need done? I plan on getting back at around nine tonight.” I said, checking the clock on the wall that read five-thirty.

“You have to stay here.” said Gemma.

“Here?!” I said, abruptly, “like hell I am.”

“You have to. Your ankle brace is programmed where if you go within more than three feet out of our yard, police will be contacted and you will be arrested.”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

“Trust me, I wish I was fucking kidding you.” she glared.

“Twat.” I muttered.

“Okay, well. Let me take you out to the greenhouse. That's where you can start.”

+

I sighed and plopped down on the bed in the guest room, kicking my boot clad feet up onto the white comforter, making Anne cringe at the big brown stain that was now on her sheets. Clothes were left on a chair that sat in the corner of the room and I shut my eyes, sighing again. These people have a nice house.

When I felt something furry and something wet come in contact with my cheek I snapped my eyes open and screamed.

“A cat?” I said, glaring at the animal that just purred and nudged itself into my arms. “Are you serious? Get off me.” I said nudging the thing to the floor. Gemma snatched up the gray animal and stalked off. Ooh, princess is mad.

“You can come down for dinner once you've done freshening up.” said Anne, a forced smile spread onto her face. I just watched as she closed the door after she had left. Finally, alone. I took a long shower and changed into a tank top, revealing more of my countless tattoos, and some basketball shorts. I laid back onto the bed and sighed, ready to call it a night.

A knock interrupted the silence of the room and I sighed before getting up. When I opened the door there stood Harry with a plate of food and a glass of what looked to be tea.

“You never came down, so I took it upon myself to bring your dinner up to you.” he said.

“I'm not gonna eat it.”

“Aren't you hungry? All that work you've been doing and -”

“I'm fine.” I said, slamming the door shut. I watched under the door, Harry's standing there for a minute before sighing and walking away.

“She didn't want it?” Asked Robin.

“Said she was fine.” Harry answered.

“Oh, okay.”

I laid back down onto the bed, this time on my back, staring at the plain white ceiling. I started to think about my father. He was such a good man. He never did anything wrong, made sure mum and I were always safe and cared for. I loved him. I loved him so much. And he was okay with my 'lifestyle', me being lesbian and all. He said everyone loves who they want so why should we interfere. He was the only light in my life. He was everything.

There was another knock at the door, this one louder. I got off the bed again and when I swung the door open there stood Gemma, looking up at me. She was red-faced, angry. It was cute, really, but I let her vent.

“Look, I am a twenty-three year old women and I am not about to sit around an watch you walk all over me and my family! Clean up your act soon before I call the cops and let them put you ass back behind bars.” She said standing on her toes, glaring at me.

I smirked, “alright, you win.”

“Good.” she said crossing her arms over her chest and standing straight again. “Have a nice night.”

I leaned down and kissed her cheek making her freeze in place, “have a nice night, sweet heart.”  

______________________________

Hi. So what did you think?

Vote/Share/Comment/Fan

JessieTommo. x