Chapter 18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up on the bathroom floor, my back hurt from laying on the hard surface. Shit, when did I fall asleep? What time is it? How long have I been here? There's only one way to find out. I get up, the room spinning slightly. I haven't eaten anything since I was sick. I unlock the door and let myself out. I check the time. 14.27. Fuck. It's quiet. No one seems to be here. I start walking towards the kitchen. There's a note on the dining table.

Jade,

The guys are on an interview and are coming back around 18.00. I went down to the store, Shelia is keeping you company while I'm gone.

~Demi

Shelia? Shelia is the last person I want to keep me company. Just as I finish reading the note she walks in, it looks like she just woke up as well. She looks at me.

"Not stuffing your face with food I see." She gives me little pat on the head. "Good girl."

She walks out again. What the fuck was that for? I walk after her. I find her taking out her make up bag. I walk up to her, look her right in the face.

"Not wearing tons of makeup I see." I pat her head. "Good ogre."

She opens her mouth to say something but I spin around and walk away, into my room and shut the door behind me. Ha, she got a taste of her own medicine. I need to change my clothes. I take out a pair of sweatpants and a cardigan. My bra is too big for me now, so I put on a tank top instead. But as I stand there in my underwear and tank top the door opens. Shelia's blond head sticking out.

"Oh, I'm sorry to bother little Miss Piggy." She grins and closes the door.

I feel my body fill with anger, hatred and irritation. I put my clothes on, get out of the room and I'm just about to spit something back at her when the front door opens. It's Demi. She puts the bags with grocery on the floor as she shakes the snow off.

"Hey, Jade." She takes her things off. "Want me to make you breakfast? Or lunch?"

"I already ate." I lie.

Demi looks suspiciously at me.

"What did you eat?" She asks.

"Oh, she ate this HUGE sandwich." Shelia suddenly bursts. "You should've seen it."

Demi smiles at me.

"Good." She says and walks past me.

I look at Shelia, but she turn around and walks away as well. This bitch is tryna pick up a fight.

Well, then let the fight begin.

~~

"Jade, enough playing." Demi says.

Since there's nothing to do I decide to try some of the games. Now I can't stop.

"No." I say, concentrating on the TV.

"You've been playing for almost 3 hours. You need to eat something."

"Not hungry." I'm still fighting the boss on level 16.

Demi sighs.

"Well, the boys are gonna be here soon, come help me with dinner." She says, trying to sound tempting. But all my attention is on the TV. When I finally kill the boss, the boys are back. 

"Ugh, I'm starving!" Niall complains.

The other guys are talking about the interview.

"Jade." Liam's voice says. "We've got something for you."