Chapter 1

Author's note: The content of this story may be triggering for poeple who had/has eating disorders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Jade Daniels. I'm 17 years old and music is my life. I traveled all the way from England and I've been waiting here for 3 hours. Waiting for what you may ask. There was a competition of who would be in One Direction's new music video. And I won. I don't understand why. I mean, there were so many other prettier and skinnier girls than me that entered. Why would they choose a girl with tousled brown hair and boring grey eyes? Not to mention that all the girls I've seen in so many music videos are thin. Not that I'm fat, but I'm not thin either. Or maybe I am fat. No. I can't think like that.

It's been almost a year since I decided to "recover". To stop going straight to the bathroom after every meal and..."get rid of it". Nobody knew about my eating disorder. I never went to treatment either. I "fixed it" myself. Even though you can never really fix it completely.

But that's just a dark part of my life, I feel better now. I am overly excited to meet the 5 most amazing persons on this planet. Just when I'm about to become impatient the door opens up and they walk in. Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis and Zayn.

"Look, here's our video girl!" Harry says and points at me.

"Sorry for taking so long, the fans were crazy out there." Liam says.

"It's okay." I say, smiling at them.

"What's your name by the way?" Niall asks.

"Jade. Jade Daniels." I say.

"Jade Daniels? Well hello there J.D." Louis says smirking. I smirk back.

They show me around the studio until we get to where we will be filming. The producer sees me and starts viewing me from head to toe.

"So this is your video girl?" He asks the boys. They all say yes at the same time. The producer still has his eyes on me. "Isn't she a little... chubby?" He says.

The boys begin to protest but I can't hear what they say. The producer's words still echoes in my mind. Am I really that fat? I start to feel uncomfortable. I feel tears coming but I hold them back. He only said I was chubby, not fat. I try to calm myself down. I catch my reflection in a mirror. Oh god. I am fat...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the first chapter is short, but Im already working on the next chapter! xx