Chapter 15

Kiyomi's POV

Here we stood, right in front of the shinobi academy. The paint is much more vibrant than I remember as a child.

"Don't tell me you don't remember coming to this place every day as a kid?"

The big red door, how could I forget? I used to dash past Hana and push her against the door on my way in. The determination I had to become stronger than my parents and Lady Tsunade was so strong back then. I wonder if that determination is still inside of me.

Kakashi taps my shoulder, breaking me from my thoughts, and leads me into the academy. The wooden floors still creak, and there are still big classrooms everywhere you turn. I assumed, me growing in height, the building would appear smaller, but it's still huge to me.

"That last room on the left is where they should be waiting for us Kiyomi." My eyes follow the room Kakashi was pointing at and I suddenly freeze.

Kakashi's POV

"Kiyomi?"

"I can't do this Kakashi. I would rather be in confinement! This is a big commitment! I don't even like kids!"

I watch as Lady Kiyomi becomes frantic and starts shaking her head not wanting to enter the room. I couldn't help but laugh at her anxious reaction—this side of Kiyomi I have never seen.

"What's going on here? Don't tell me Princess Kiyomi is scared to take on a challenge?" I tease.

I watch as her mood changes from anxious to annoyed in a matter of seconds. God, she truly is her mother's child. I snap from my thoughts when I feel her banging against my chest.

"How dare you Kakashi? I am Kiyomi Namikaze. I never back down from a challenge!"

"I thought so, but It seemed like you were just crying about not wanting to interact with a couple of genin for a few days." I giggle taking out my book and flipping through the pages.

I might as well catch up on the next chapter while she's trying to regulate her emotions. I look up from my book to see her with a determined smirk on her face. I think I broke her.

"Watch! I bet I can set a better impression than you will! These genin will like me and only listen to me!" I watch as she walks past me and heads straight for the classroom.

Naturally being taller than her I see things at a level she never does. I noticed something weird sitting at the top of the door.

"Kiyomi wait, t-

"No! Don't try to stop me now Kakashi! I'm on a roll! Prepare to lose!"

I watch as she slides the door open with a bright determined smile and I watch as the object I tried to warn her about drops on top of her yellow hair. White powder spews out, and what I quickly recognized, as an eraser lies on the ground in front of us.

"My hair!" Kiyomi screams, attempting to brush away all the chalk that sat on top of her head.

I begin to help her wanting her to calm down. She repeatedly asks me if it's gone and if it is staining her hair. I reassure her that it's just chalk and it will come out. Our interaction ceases when we hear one of the kids begin to laugh and point at us.

"I got her! She totally fell for it!"

So he's Naruto Uzumaki.

"You imbecile! Look what you did to my hair!" I quickly hold Kiyomi back from charging at the kid.

I watch as the female of the group begins to panic running her hands through her hair and begs Naruto to apologize stating that he shouldn't piss her off. She was right, but how would she know that? Maybe she's just a goody two shoes. She proves my point when she begins to apologize on Naruto's behalf and swears she would never do such a thing.