Chapter 12

(Kiyomi's POV)

"Your parents both went on a D-rank mission. They were planning to be gone only for a few hours."

"Kiyomi, I promise you, mommy and I will be back to tuck you in tonight."

Kiyomi looks down at the ground in disappointment. Minato and Kushina were finally home together, and Kiyomi just wanted to spend as much time with them as possible before they complain they were tired.

"But, I don't want you to go." Kiyomi begs

Minato pulls Kiyomi into an embrace letting her know physically he hears her. Kushina waddles over to the two and forces a small smile. Kushina tried her best to not show the discomfort she was feeling underneath her shinobi uniform.

"Did daddy tell you about the surprise?" Kushina asks putting her hand on Minato's shoulder.

Kiyomi's eyes gleamed with excitement and curiosity. Minato smiles at Kushina and then towards his daughter.

"When we get back we're going to bring you a big surprise before we tuck you in for the night. Can you be good for Mikoto until we get back"

"Things, unfortunately, went left when a masked man interfered." I look at the Third Hokage anticipating what he was going to say next.

My parents died because of some masked man. He must've been really strong to defeat my father, at least. I begin to demand the man's name and want to start my revenge at that moment.

"We haven't been able to find this masked man for years. More than likely he died." The third states not considering how dismissive his words were about the death of my parents.

I started to get annoyed and clench my fist. I mean they once thought I was dead. If it wasn't for Jiraya who knows if I'd make it back from Suna. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't realize the Third Hokage had approached me.

"Forgive me princess Kiyomi, I know what you're thinking. There was a time where we assumed you were killed during your disappearance. It was really strange because the moment we gave up your chakra was traced again in our village."

That was the night I flashed in front of Itachi and he was doing unforgivable acts. I look away from Lord Third not wanting to tell him the horrifying image I last had of Itachi.

"Fortunately you're alive. We must not get too stuck on the past. I'm always here to hear your questions and concerns but this is a beautiful moment. Princess Kiyomi is back in her home village s-

"Lord Third, I politely ask that you stop calling me princess. I'm a woman now and that title brings back teasing memories from my classmates."

Lord third chuckles and nods his head removing his Kage hat. He bows and gives me his word to now address me as Lady Kiyomi.

"Lady Kiyomi is better suited you have bloomed into a beautiful woman over time I see. Lady Kiyomi would you like to a tour of your beloved village?"

"I would love that more than anything" I say wiping a tear from my cheek.

Lord Third grabs my hand and begins to escort me out of the Hokage building. I walk alongside him as we begin to tour my beloved village.

I'm shocked to see how different yet still familiar the leaf village has managed to stay. The big green trees sway in different directions as the cool wind brushes gently against our skin as we walk.

Lord third keeps me intrigued as we stroll deeper in the village by bringing up memories I had long forgot that I had experienced in the village. Lord Third was always very involved in the younger generations of shinobi. He always managed to make time. Whenever you thought you were alone somewhere he was always watching either in the corner or even from his office. I know this because my father tried his best to do that during his time in office. It's a smart and comforting tactic all Hokages should do to prepare and prevent for any problem shinoboi who could be hiding in the shadows.

We eventually enter the heart of the village and see all the tented shops and restaurants I loved as a child.

"I see someone you will love to see after all the time that has passed."

"Who?" I ask curiously looking around all the civilians we pass in the crowd. I turn my head left and right looking for the person the third Hokage was referring to only to find the exact person he meant.

"K-Kakashi?" I stutter.

Kakashi's eyes lock with mine and we both mirror each other both frozen in our stance. I watch as Kakashi's eyes scan my whole body and I blush in embarrassment. Everyone keeps giving me this look and I don't know how to handle this attention towards my new appearance.

"Princess Kiyomi? Wow, you loo-

"Beautiful does it she?" The third Hokage chimes in placing his hand on my back comforting me. I swear the Third Hokage just knows. He pats my back encouraging me to speak.

"Yeah, you also look.. um.. taller." I stutter. I've never been one to be speechless. I speak my mind freely. I was nervous because so much time has passed and I don't know what to say. We were never this awkward as kids.

"I did grow Princess Kiyomi thanks for noticing."

"My parents are dead so there is no use for that title anymore Kakashi." I respond harshly.

Kakashi awkwardly chuckles and apologizes. The three of us stand in an uncomfortable silence for a few seconds before Lord Third speaks.

"Well it's getting late and Kakashi like the other jonin have a big day tomorrow."

I watch as Kakashi displays a small smile and nods understanding what Lord Third was talking about. I ask wanting to know what was so important that meant Kakashi would have to go. Bare with me I hate being uncomfortable but I'd rather be uncomfortable around others than being alone. To me being alone was the most uncomfortable feeling i can bare.

"Oh excuse me Lady Kiyomi for not explaining. Kakashi will be in charge of his genin team starting tomorrow. I will be assigning him and other jonin a three man squad that they must look after."

"Kakashi a sensei? Yeah I pray for those genin."

"I'm assuming your temper would make you better qualified Kiyomi?" Kakashi responses with a cocky chuckle.

"Yeah it would because I am actually strong Kakashi. I'm sure you remember how great my strength is from personal experience."

"Kiyomi you're a chunin at best." Kakashi retorts back.

"Enough. I ask that you two play nice. Lady Kiyomi here is keys to your new home." Lord third says placing keys in my right hand.

New home. I can imagine it already empty and lonely. I know for a fact I'm not mentally capable of living on my own right now. In suna, I just picked at myself all day.

"I'm grateful Lord third but I can't accept this." I state placing the keys back in his hands.

"I've decided I should stay with Kakashi." I stated impulsively.

"What? No absolutely not. Kiyomi that will not work." Kakashi refuses shaking his head.

I pull out my ultimate trump card that I knew would shut Kakashi up.

"My father once trusted you with my life. So what's the harm in living together?"

I watch as Kakashi face soften in memory of my late father. He looks to the ground and then back at me.

"I guess no harm at all. Good night Lord Third. Let's go Princess."

I clench my fist and follow behind Kakashi. I quickly turn around to bow a goodnight to Lord Third who was displaying a big cheesy smile.