Chapter 5: Injuries

Maho woke up in an ambulance surrounded by miho's friends. Saori takebe, Hana Isuzu, mako reizei and yukari akiyama. She was breathing heavy and in a cold sweat. She was still dazed, but remembered Miho slamming into the ground. Saori must have seen her eyes widen with fear when she didn't see her sister.

"Its ok. The medic said that you are going to be fine, you have a few burns and a bad sprain on your leg." Saori said, trying to make her feel better

"What about miho." She said. Voice strained with pain

"She isn't in this ambulance we don't know yet." Hana said, nearly in tears. "Hell of a shot." She said, looking at Hana.

"Thanks I think." She mumbled and turned around.

At the hospital, long after the rest of the team were forced to leave because of their

exhaustion, maho and anglerfish crew were still their, but they were on their way out.

Maho was sitting outside of her little sister's hospital room with a blanket around her and nodded off, she was awoken by one of the crew of the panzer, yukari, telling her that they had to leave. Maho woke up at 5:00 the next day, she was still in her kouromine uniform. She got up to walk around, and when she got back, miho's door was open. She walked in. Miho was awake, and the doctor was sitting with her. "There you are, we had half the staff trying to find you." Miho said in her usual cheery voice.

"How are you doing." Maho said, sitting it in the chair across the bed from the doctor.

"Well I feel fine, but the doctor thinks differently, right?" She turned to the doctor as did maho.

"Well, I'll start at the beginning, she has a mild concussion, severe burns, a broken leg and sprained rib, luckily she landed on non vital parts of her body, with her extremities out cushioning her fall, not to mention the fact of how tough she is."

"How long till she can walk?" Maho said with pain in her voice, she couldn't look at miho.

"A few weeks, but she will be right as rain then, and she will be back in tanks in time for the start of your season."

"Good." Maho said, feeling a little better, she met miho's eyes, but she could tell miho knew something was wrong with her.

"Anyway, I'll let you talk." The doctor said as he left.

"What's wrong maho?" Miho asked, as if they had never had a rift between them.

Maho just said. "It's nothing." She said and walked over to the window. She looked out over the ocean and could see the school ships waiting, the Zuikaku of Ooarai and the Graf Zepplin of Kumororine. Maho heard the sound of a helicopter landing.