Part Eighteen

A/N: FINALLY! Gosh, remind me not to write out my chapters on paper before I type them! I've had this done for days but I've been so busy with school crap that I haven't had time to type! Anyways, this chapter had a mind of it's own, I really wasn't planning on the happening, but I guess that's okay xD I can't really say when the next part will be up, I've still got so much to do with school! But I'll try to get it up as soon as I can! This part isn't dedicated, but if you leave me a super nice comment, I'll dedicate to you! I'm just nice like that xD Four pages on word everyone! Woo! xoxo - B <3

+++++++++

Part Eighteen

He entered the previous room not knowing what to expect.

As he stepped into the room, he watched as everything happened at once; the blades stopped moving and rose towards the ceiling, the spike in front of the door he stood at receded, the fire on the platforms died down, and old wooden bridge like links connected the platforms into one. The only thing that remained was the purple gas writhing on the floor.

He was able to simply walk across the floor and to the next door. He stopped to glance at the map he'd tucked into his belt.

The map itself was old and worn, just like the one of the Lost Woods, but the paper wasn't flimsy, with only a few small tares around the sides. It had four different sheets of paper to show the four different floors. The lines on it were thick and black, the doors represented with small black squares.

He flipped from the first to the second page - the second floor, and he recognized the shapes of the rooms in the red portion of the map. The entire floor was divided into three parts, one red, one yellow, and the last purple.

After looking at the six rooms the red portion was divided into, he rolled the map back up and tucked it under his belt as his side, and then he reached out to turn the knob on the door.

He'd only gotten it open a crack when something slammed into the other side, sending him flying and the door into the wall with a loud bang! He heard the Skulltula's hissing and spitting before he saw it, and was able to get to his feet before it could jump on him.

He backed away from the Skulltula cautiously, but to his surprise it didn't come after him right away. Instead, it crawled onto the wall dropped a thick web over the open doorway, and then crawled up towards the ceiling.

Looking up, he realized that not one, but four Skulltulas on the ceiling. He backed into the middle of the room wearily. He was surrounded by four, giant Skulltulas, and no weapon to defend himself.

Was he afraid? Of course. But would he give up? Never.

With watchful eyes, he waited. He waited for them to move, waited for them to attack. Then it happened.

Suddenly, one Skulltula to his left launched a thick sticky web in his direction, which he neatly dodged with a quick side-step, and the web landed in a heap on the stone with a wet slap.

Then the chaos began.

All at once, the Skulltulas launched multiple webs at him and he had to concentrate and move quickly in order to not be hit by them. He was doing remarkably well, until his foot caught in a pile of webs. He was distracted long enough for another web to catch him by the wrist, pinning it to his side. The Skulltulas seized the opportunity and pelted him with the thick webs.

Both of his feet were pinned to the ground, his entire left arm was stuck to his side, one wrapped around his neck, and another covered half his chest and back. Soon he was covered, both his arms pinned, his legs immobile, his breathing labored. The last thing he was able to see was the Skulltula from the first room approaching him, hissing and spitting. It charged at him, and they both went down. Without his arms to break his fall, he dropped flat on the ground, his head cracking against the stone.