Part Fifteen

A/N: So... this one is like, mega short. Only a page and a paragraph on word :p but my reasoning is that I want to keep it with one part per room, unless he's travelling between them, so I can show you where on the map he is. If the map isn't in the picture, I should be putting it up soon, and I'll put it up on the previous part as well. I still have to make the floor three map and finish the second floor map, but I'll try to hurry. xD it's hard making maps on Paint :p so here it is, the first room. And yes, it really is just a Hallway xD hence the shortness :p Oh, and I have to create like super mega awesome Room Puzzles for like fifteen different rooms, so if you have any ideas, feel very very free to mention them to me, and I'll use what I like :) post on my message board, in the comments, or PM me :) Oh and for those of you who try and talk to me on Meebo, mine sometimes doesn't work correctly and I can't see the messages, so if you want to talk just shoot me a message and I'll be more likely to answer xD I'll stop rambling now :p

Oh and this is dedicated to my 21st fan! xD

++++++++++

Part Fifteen

The door opened with a loud squeak that made Link cringe slightly. The room before him was a short hallway, with three doors on its walls. He stepped out of the chamber and the squeaky door swung shut behind him.

His feet padded softly on the red carpet as he stepped forward. The hallway was simple, stone all around, the doors were wood, and the rug was this cotton. He noticed thick blankets of webs coating the corners and upper walls, but he didn't see the source of them.

Those are Skulltula webs. The wisp informed him. They are notorious for dropping down on top of prey from ceilings and tree tops. Be weary of them Link, they can hurt you, and you have yet to acquire a weapon that can penetrate their hard shells, and tough skin.

Link nodded, but he had barely taken two steps when something heavy fell on top of him, knocking him onto his back, the Skulltula crushing him under its weight.

Link! He struggled to hold its long black fangs back away from his face, but its weight was too much, rendering him nearly motionless. The thing hissed in anger, and lurched forward trying to get to him, making the distance he was maintaining slip momentarily, its menacing fangs a breath away from the skin of his neck.

The Skulltula was quick to catch on to the weakness, and lurched forward for a second time, hissing loudly. Its fangs reaching the same closeness to his neck again and Link noticed that when it did lurch forward to reach him, the weight of the Skulltula left his legs so that he would be able to move them for seconds.

The third lurch probably would have reached his neck had it not been for the fact that he was ready for it. As soon as the weight left his lower body he kicked its legs, effectively knocking it off balance, whilst he used his other leg to propel the thing forward and his hands to guide it over his head.

Quickly, he rolled into a standing position, hearing the crack of the Skulltula hitting the floor as he did. It struggled to get up, and he had to think fast. The door behind him was barred shut, and the door to his right (A/N: He's standing facing the door he came from, meaning the door to his right is the left side of the room from the map perspective, just so you aren't confused) was locked. He panicked as the Skulltula was starting to get to its feet, and he slammed into the room at his left, closing it tight behind him.

"Where did that thing come from?" Link finally asked the wisp.

Places like this are notorious for illusions, tricks. Always expect the unexpected when dealing with places enchanted by dark magic, or any sort of magic. The wisp paused. I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget you don’t know things like this. After all it was him who taught me. You just look so much like him that I think you are sometimes.

"I understand." Link said truthfully. "Next time a little warning, though, please." He smiled slightly, wanting to make her feel better.

He could tell she perked up when she said; Will do.

Link turned his attention to the room that now surrounded him, and he was left speechless by what he saw. What had he gotten into this time?