Act 13

That same day, Jimin and I continued with the same routine as always. The pain in my shoulder has ceased, therefore I managed to get through the painful warm-up quite easily.

"You've improved," he congratulated and offered me his hand to help me up, but I shook my head while thanking him.

"Glad to hear that," I nodded and walked over to my bag to take out my boxing gloves, but stop midway when Jimin announced I wouldn't need them today.

"So, it's training on the floor, I guess?" I chuckled and knelt down beside him. "I thought the arm-bar was enough of a-"

"Well, what if you are the one being held in arm-bar?" He suggested and wrapped his legs around my waist to go in guarding position. "I'm gonna show you how to defend."

He quickly pulls my right arm towards his chest, causing me to lean forward while he scooted towards my right knee, swinging his left leg over my head and enclosing my arm between his thighs.

"Now, wrap your free arm that is not enclosed under my arm, pull my left thigh away from you and hoist yourself up with your right leg. Kind of like you would do lunges."

Clicking my tongue in frustration, I held my breath in concentration and my free arm snaked under this hand that was holding my enclosed arm and pulled away his left leg draped over my back lightly.

Replaying every single thing he had instructed me to do, my right foot stand flat on the mat beside him, while my left knee scoots to the side of his head, causing me to hover above him.

"Good job", he ached and wiped the film of sweat that had formed on his forehead with the back of his hand. "Wiggle your arm out of my enclosure."

I pulled my arm quickly from between his knees and shook my wrist out whose blood circulation was cut off due to Jimin's impressive leg strength.

My eyes found his, and I studied his face with those nearly perfect, inhumane  features. He wasn't too much taller than me, but something about his gaze intimates me, which results in me looking at the ground for most of the time when I speak to him, and casually peering at his eyes once in a while.

And as I grew up with Martial Arts, intimidation slowly adapted its way out of my vocabulary. So what he was causing to me had seriously a big impact. Whatever it is.

"Focus," Jimin demands and I detached my glance from his. Muttering an apology under my breath, I got my mindset back on task.

The boy squirmed underneath me. "Alright, let's see... now, just push me off of you so I land with my back flat on the mat and hold me in side-guard."

The only thing touching the mat was his shoulders and head, the rest was hoisted up on me. I observe the position I was in, and noticed how the shirt of his training uniform had ridden downwards, exposing his well-defined, lower back.

Dead God, is there something this guy doesn't possess?

Shaking my head to pull myself out of the distraction, I took the last energy residing in me, and pushed his body forcefully away from mine, causing him to sway back until he landed flat on the mat.

I stood up beside him and reached my hand down to help him up, but his firm stare made me backtrack.

"Didn't you forget something?" He mockingly asked and raised his eyebrows. "Side-guard, Soo Mi. You gotta keep me on the ground, otherwise I could attack you again."