Act 9

"Soo Mi? Coach is asking you something."

The voice of Yoongi ripped me out of my daydream. I didn't close my eyes at all yesterday, laying wide awake all night, asking myself whether my deal with Jimin and the fact that I even agreed to it was a wise decision.

Oh, and not to forget, the dream for couple days ago occurred once more. Shortly after midnight, I managed to fall asleep lightly, but the nightmare that played in my sleep exactly like it did last time withdrew me from sinking into a deeper sleeping phase and after I woke up, the heartbeat that had quickened its pace resonated in my ear for the rest of the night.

All in all, I had gone through an episode of anxiety and panic attacks.

Of course, I didn't tell Yoongi. Instead, I apologized to my coach and asked what he wanted from me. He answered with a mellow "I just want you to pay attention" and continued class.

But his warning failed to keep me on task.

"Hey." A waving hand inches before my face caught my attention. The hand was connected to Yoongi's arm, whose facial expression studied me for a good while.

"What do you want?" Maybe my question sounded a bit too infuriated; Yoongi took a step back and raised an eyebrow while bringing his hands up to his chest and making a defensive gesture.

"Woah there. Pardon me for caring."

The boy's headshake made his soft, silky blonde hair move from side to side. He brought up his fingers and brushed away the bangs that fell on top of his eyes.

And that was how to class went on. Occasionally, Yoongi brought up the question about my well-being again and again, until I gave him the final rest by hissing an uptight "Shut up". He pressed his deep, pink lips, a feature on his face that stood out the most, together and remained silent for the rest of the period.

The daydream took me back, once again, to the second night of me living through the experience in an alternate world of being beat-up without any mercy granted to me. For a split second, I adapted the belief of that reoccurring nightmare to reflect the subconscious anxiety residing somewhere in me.

Whatever. Despite the harrowing dream, I couldn't afford to keep that thought in my primary field of my memories. All I had to focus on was the first evaluation and the best rank.

Imagining how I was going to stand in front of the list attached to the walls in the main hall, searching frantically for my name and the outstanding rank on the same line next to it, filled my stomach with a serene warmth that spread out and filled my veins. This warmth should dwell in my system until the evaluation is over, I thought while smirking at myself.

Weighing up the probability of me being placed into an A-rank plagued my prioritized self whenever I zoned out during class.

If agreeing to Jimin's deal was a smart idea, I seriously don't know anymore. Sure, he is indeed a hard-working and prideful student, yet, what trustful traits does he own? All I see is a talented, attractive boy with some defects regarding social values. Perhaps his talent in talents was set by default. Who knows?

It was lunch that brought me into thinking deeper about Jimin. Hobi had brought up Ryon's temper and how she had worsened. He already had become familiar with the deal between Jimin and me; blaming Jimin's impertinent mouth who couldn't keep quiet about the business between him and other people.

"Every single person that lives in the same story as Jimin found out", Hobi broke it to me, "Although I don't live next to Jimin, all his friends told me about it at the end of Defense class. I was taken aback because I had classified you as a somewhat more rational, but what is a friend that prohibits you from experimenting, right?"