Act 8

The plastic bowl filled with cereal sat on top of my lap where I carefully placed it, slurping the milk from the spoon that I held up my mouth. My eyes were focused on the screen of my laptop.

I spent the evening after my first competition on the upper bunk bed watching Korean pop-groups dancing. Although I have never taken dance in my entire life, I was fascinated by the guys' moves and flexibility.

Who knows, maybe I'll become a dancer if Martial Arts gives up on me.

I stopped one of the videos midway when the door of my room opened. Of course, it was Ryon, my roommate. She pulled a face when she noticed my small feast on the bed.

"Cereal for dinner?" She scoffed and chucked her bag against the corner of the room. Her tall frame leaned against the bunkbed and she stepped up on the wooded frame of her bed to see what I was currently watching.

"Oh wow. I didn't know you were into hot dancers."

"Me neither." Winking at her, I offered her the bowl of cereal, my hunger already had vanished and the flakes got all soggy from sitting in the milk for too long. Ryon shook her head and stepped off the bunkbed.

She laid off her big bomber jacket and changed into comfier pants. Not that I intentionally watched her change, but from the corner of my eyes I noticed her incredibly skinny frame. To my relief, her body wasn't deathly scrawny, she had an interesting, slender body type.

For Martial Arts fighters, strong, muscly legs are a must-have. Comparing her to me, I might look slightly heavier due to the muscle gains on my thighs and my shoulders. Although her style was pretty tomboy-ish and this morning, she contemplated whether she should cut her hair short or not, her frame and the perfect curves literally screamed femininity.

"I'm so not prepared for the evaluation." Ryon turns on her heel and faces me. "Principal Park offered me to come repeat the semester under one condition. If I don't get a B or A rank as my result, I'm out."

The anguish in her voice was clearly noticeable, so I offered her to climb on my bed to comfort her.

"Hey, don't say you're not prepared! I bet you will slay this. You need to believe in what you love, alright?"

Her head turns to me, but her expression didn't seem to change. "I love Martial Arts and I'm so good at it, wouldn't it be for..."

"For what, Ryon?"

The girl suppressed something that was tormenting her thoughts. I was taught to let people talk for themselves and not force them to bring out anything I was curious about, so I kept quiet after no answer came from her.

Ryon, in my opinion, is hiding something, without a doubt. It was a just a matter of time when her secret will be revealed to me.

"Nevermind. I'm changing the topic." She clapped her hands together and backed off to establish eye contact with me. "So, what happened with you and Jimin during the practice period? I heard some serious business went down."

Oh, yeah. I remember. The day after Yoongi and I competed on the bags, the same coach for Practice training was absent for some reason.

Fact is, right when class began, Jimin and I got into a verbal fight. Odd for a shy, introverted girl like me, right? But the thrill of teasing him still sat deeply in my mind and every time he and I are in the same room, I get the urge to annoy the living hell out of him.

What the verbal fight was about? No clue, it was just an array of verbal attacks against each other degrading one another's opinions on UFC fights or something.